Can't decide looking for feedback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't decide looking for feedback.

Leupold vx-2 299.00 or vx3i 359.00 both have standard duplex reticle. Which is fine for me. 3-9x40 both of them. Is the 3i worth the extra money. Or maybe a new gun. Saved up my lunch money and now it's time for a new toy.

Assuming that the vx-3 is really a step up, and given Leupolds reputation there's no reason to doubt that it isn't, there's no way that I'd let $60 worry me. Unless you have a hard upper price ceiling and need to get good mounts, in ten years you'll never regret buying better equipment.

Comment

You know I love my leupolds, I'd spend the extra if I had it and get the vx3. What are you putting it on?

Comment

If it's only $60 and you have the money it's probably worth it based on Leupolds reputation. But also knowing leupold, the cheaper vx-2 is probably a very good scope. Either way I don't think you can go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
          You know I love my leupolds, I'd spend the extra if I had it and get the vx3. What are you putting it on?
          My beloved .270

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
            Assuming that the vx-3 is really a step up, and given Leupolds reputation there's no reason to doubt that it isn't, there's no way that I'd let $60 worry me. Unless you have a hard upper price ceiling and need to get good mounts, in ten years you'll never regret buying better equipment.
            Not really a hard ceiling I'm just a tight wad. I like good gear but it's hard to spend that much for a scope when I don't get to use it as much as i want to.

Comment

I have the VX II's in 2X7 and 3X9 and recently bought the VX III. If you shoot in low light conditions - dense woods, etc, there is no comparison. The VX III is 50% better then the VX II IMHO. The light gathering is amazing. Woods behind my house are 125yds and I looked out through glass and screen and 30 minutes AFTER sunset I could have taken a shot about 10yds INTO the edge of woods with full confidence of identification and shot placement. Amazing scope.
              Note: The latest VX III is even better than mine and you can identify it by the i after the III so look for XV IIIi. You will not be disappointed. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                jmo~ Don't let $60.00 stop you from seeing better at dawn or dusk on your New Wby 25~06. Buy good Now it will last you a life time!!

Comment

I'd go with the VXIII if you intend to shoot it much. More long range accuracy (better parallax control) and better light gathering for the first/last 15 minutes of the day.

Comment

I can't believe the price is that close. The VX3i is a huge step up and worth every penny.

Comment

Its "Leupold"! "How much do I want to spend?" should be your only consideration!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Goose Hunting
                        by FirstBubba
                        Ontario is a long ways from Wisconsin.
                        They hunt them in open wheat fields in Ok all the time. Layouts work just fine.
                        Today, 08:22 AM
                      • Goose Hunting
                        by cfritsch
                        Hi, this is my first time posting and I have a question. I have recently been given a chance to hunt geese for the first time wack'm and stack'm style...
                        01-16-2020, 06:50 PM
                      • Reply to How Many Died
                        by CD2
                        Drug addicts are like drowning people.
                        They will probably pull you under if you get close to try and save them.
                        They are pulling society down...
                        Today, 02:38 AM
                      • How Many Died
                        by jhjimbo
                        On Tucker Carlson last night he said 750,000 died from Opioid overdose in a ten year period. More then WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, combined.
                        01-16-2020, 11:04 AM
                      • Reply to How Many Died
                        by CD2
                        You are right, back in the day, 30 yrs or so ago, a guy could be a bit of a dumbarse and clean himself up, get a factory job or education and be civilized/normal....
                        Today, 02:36 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X