Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's your favorite field and stream artist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's your favorite field and stream artist?

Charlie Russell and Frederick Remington were great but I have to admit N.C. Wyeth was unparalleled when it came to imparting the emotion of the context through his use of lighting and body positioning. Wyeth is probably best known for his commissioned illustrations of several classic novels during the early 19th century (e.g. Treasure Island, Robin Hood, Last of the Mohiccans, Robinson Crusoe, King Arthur, etc.) but he did a lot of commercial art for outdoors magazines and gun/ammo manufacturers.
    Attached Files

That mail carrier killed 8 attacking wolves with a colt SA. Not bad, I guess they waited for him to reload?

Comment

Second the Wyeth, probably because I like Winchester as a manufacturer.

Comment

I liked how Bob Kuhn used different perspectives. When Leon Parsons deer prints became Outdoor Life covers I got hooked on his art. Love Lynn Bogue Hunts vivid colors and since I'll always be a bird man at heart got to mention David Maass.
        Attached Files

Comment

I like F&S Artist Philip Goodwin.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the mail carrier surrounded by wolves has to reload.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
              I liked how Bob Kuhn used different perspectives. When Leon Parsons deer prints became Outdoor Life covers I got hooked on his art. Love Lynn Bogue Hunts vivid colors and since I'll always be a bird man at heart got to mention David Maass.
              Love the woodcock print!

Comment

That mail carrier killed 8 attacking wolves with a colt SA. Not bad, I guess they waited for him to reload?
                Yeah, I noticed that too. Nice of them to do that...

Comment

I don't know...they're all good. I'm a photographer, so obviously love photographic art, but something about those old paintings just stirs the soul more than any photo I've seen. Could spend all day looking at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                    I like F&S Artist Philip Goodwin.
                    This picture always got my OCD going...assuming he's not already taken up the slack in that trigger, and the bear moves slightly forward...

Comment

I'll second that. Nearly a photograph!

Comment

In fairness, he does have some empty loops in his rig.

Comment

Wyeths estate and island are right here in my podunk town. I've done work on both properties. Good people to have around. Very talented in their own rights. The uncle of my boss in Wyoming was Alan Tupper True, he and NC Wyeth were room mates in art school at Howard Pyle's school of art. Alan True was the original creator of the Wyoming bucking horse.

Comment

Wild Bill Hickok got nothin on that boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Pray- hunt-work View Post
                              Wyeths estate and island are right here in my podunk town. I've done work on both properties. Good people to have around. Very talented in their own rights. The uncle of my boss in Wyoming was Alan Tupper True, he and NC Wyeth were room mates in art school at Howard Pyle's school of art. Alan True was the original creator of the Wyoming bucking horse.
                              Wyeth's bucking broncs are also something.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad