Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am now on Windows 10 and tonight this site seems really slow and unstable. Anyone else notice that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGoldManning
    replied
    Hello, This is not something unusual, if sometimes this website is pretty slow, or even don't work, but it is worse if the problem is in your computer, because as we know, Windows is an open platform, and a lot of viruses can visit you if you don't have a shield for them, an antivirus. And more, your computer can be slower than usual if it has some junk files, that occupy computer memory. This is why I recommend you download best pc optimization software , and then your computer will work properly.
    Last edited by RGoldManning; 07-30-2020, 05:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessJasmW
    replied
    Yeah, Apple is different if to compare with Windows

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Jimbo, you think this site is slow? The other day I was doing some research on Spencer rifle and looked at a very fine article on the American Rifleman website. My ad blocker nailed FORTY-TWO ads running at once. Wow!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bioguy01
    replied
    Originally posted by Tony Greif View Post
    I run Windows 10 and absolutely love it, but i am one of the lucky one's that have had no issues. I run a 3.8 Ghz quad core and 32 Gb of ram so everything is pretty fast for me anyway, i am also on a fiber optic connection which helps.

They say Windows 10 will run on 2 Gb of ram, but about any OS requires 2 Gb "just" to run...leaving nothing left over for programs and stuff. The biggest issue in my opinion is the fact that Windows 10 is constantly gathering information so they throw ads in your face, i have grown used to it and no longer care what they do, i have programs that keeps those ads off my screen anyway.
    Please share...I remember when the basic pop-up blocker worked, but programmers have apparently figured out a way around them and it's pissing me off!

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    I stayed with Windows 7, I was told by my i-P guy stay with W/7...lots of Problems with W/10.
    I upgraded from 8 to 10 without any problems whatsoever ... once I killed Cortana. For whatever reason Windows 10 will from time to time leave calculator and solitaire running in the background too but thankfully they're only grabbing a tiny bit of memory.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
    I've never had a problem with it, but like OH, I told that nosy B!tch Cortanna to back off.

I thought she was cool on the Halo games, and I was willing to give her a shot when I thought she would be a decent assistant; but then she wanted to know all this extra info and send it to Microsoft. PC Please... my flesh and blood woman doesn't know that much about me; I've been with her for over a decade.

I suggest disabling her from the control panel and checking your browser settings. If you haven't closed your browser window or restarted your pc in a while that can help.

Though it reminds me of an old joke.
    A man wakes up with a huge hangover after getting blackout drunk the night before painfully opens his eyes, looks around - "phew! At least I'm home". On the nightstand he sees a glass of water, an aspirin and a note saying "Honey, breakfast is ready, I love you with all my heart - xoxo, your wife".

Not understanding a thing, he walks to the kitchen and realizes that the house is sparkling clean. He sees his son in the living room and asks him about what had happened the night before. The son says:

— Well, you came home as usual, blackout drunk, threw up in the corridor, peed all over the bathroom, gave mom a black eye and went to bed. Then, when she started to pull off your pants, you screamed:

"Get away from me, b!tch, I'm married!"
    Disabling Cortana with the control panel WILL NOT solve anything. Check your task manager and you'll see the SOB is still lurking in the background and hogging a huge amount of RAM.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
    That gawdam Cortana app or whatever they call it was the culprit. Sure, you can "turn it off" ... it supposedly stops working but a check of my task manager showed that thing was still in the background and hogging a LOT of RAM memory. Getting rid of it was NOT easy. I had to hunt on line for instructions. Dumping it - truly getting rid of it! - requires getting into the registry and doing some complex editing. Not for the faint of heart. Why is Cortana so hard to kill? Even when "shut off" it's still sending information to Microsoft constantly about surfing habits, etc. What's Microsoft doing with it? Selling it of course! Jimbo, if you can get your computer up to at least 4 GB memory, that is a step in the right direction. MS says W10 will run on 2 GB but their idea of "running" is more like "crawling" in reality. Get someone who has some expertise to remove Cortana. Then keep Google's ad blocker running (sounds like you have already taken that step).
    I know. I am EXTREMELY careful in there. Jimbo, be careful about boosting to 8MB RAM. Make sure your computer can handle it. If the processor is not up to it, the board may overheat. You can go on line and check to see what the max advisable RAM is for your model computer. My laptop won't take anything more than 4MB and I'm doing fine with Windows 10 as long as the ad blocker is turned on. Made a big difference when I shut down Cortana!

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    I've never had a problem with it, but like OH, I told that nosy B!tch Cortanna to back off.

I thought she was cool on the Halo games, and I was willing to give her a shot when I thought she would be a decent assistant; but then she wanted to know all this extra info and send it to Microsoft. PC Please... my flesh and blood woman doesn't know that much about me; I've been with her for over a decade.

I suggest disabling her from the control panel and checking your browser settings. If you haven't closed your browser window or restarted your pc in a while that can help.

Though it reminds me of an old joke.
    A man wakes up with a huge hangover after getting blackout drunk the night before painfully opens his eyes, looks around - "phew! At least I'm home". On the nightstand he sees a glass of water, an aspirin and a note saying "Honey, breakfast is ready, I love you with all my heart - xoxo, your wife".

Not understanding a thing, he walks to the kitchen and realizes that the house is sparkling clean. He sees his son in the living room and asks him about what had happened the night before. The son says:

— Well, you came home as usual, blackout drunk, threw up in the corridor, peed all over the bathroom, gave mom a black eye and went to bed. Then, when she started to pull off your pants, you screamed:

"Get away from me, b!tch, I'm married!"

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    That gawdam Cortana app or whatever they call it was the culprit. Sure, you can "turn it off" ... it supposedly stops working but a check of my task manager showed that thing was still in the background and hogging a LOT of RAM memory. Getting rid of it was NOT easy. I had to hunt on line for instructions. Dumping it - truly getting rid of it! - requires getting into the registry and doing some complex editing. Not for the faint of heart. Why is Cortana so hard to kill? Even when "shut off" it's still sending information to Microsoft constantly about surfing habits, etc. What's Microsoft doing with it? Selling it of course! Jimbo, if you can get your computer up to at least 4 GB memory, that is a step in the right direction. MS says W10 will run on 2 GB but their idea of "running" is more like "crawling" in reality. Get someone who has some expertise to remove Cortana. Then keep Google's ad blocker running (sounds like you have already taken that step).
    Honk. Be very very careful messing with your registry. One wrong typo and You can destroy your system and never recover it.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    Aaaaaaaannnd I'm staying with Apple. It is a bit cruder in some things but the recent free Yosemite upgrade works just fine. And If at&t doesn't get off their a$$ real soon and push 6.01 marshmellow to my Samsung s5, after their lollipop upgrade shut off my sd card with all my databases on it, my phone is very soon going to be an s6 on sprint. Hear me at&t.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Tony Greif View Post
    I run Windows 10 and absolutely love it, but i am one of the lucky one's that have had no issues. I run a 3.8 Ghz quad core and 32 Gb of ram so everything is pretty fast for me anyway, i am also on a fiber optic connection which helps.

They say Windows 10 will run on 2 Gb of ram, but about any OS requires 2 Gb "just" to run...leaving nothing left over for programs and stuff. The biggest issue in my opinion is the fact that Windows 10 is constantly gathering information so they throw ads in your face, i have grown used to it and no longer care what they do, i have programs that keeps those ads off my screen anyway.
    I have a HP that used to be a network computer. quad 2.67Ghz processor with 4GB ram which I may expand. I have a good video card as I have a flight simulator. Don't paly games. I also have a digital drive. So far everything is working fine. My IT guy said when you block the ad's the site designers deliberately make the site operate differently to discourage the blockers?? I don't know, Bing does a good job of 'controlling' the ads.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    I stayed with Windows 7, I was told by my i-P guy stay with W/7...lots of Problems with W/10.
    My 7 Pro needed a 4.5.1. Framework for an older program and it would not download 4.5 or 4.6. I got 10 for less than the hours it would have taken to go back and repair a fault that was several years old. The IT guy said 10 is tricky to install and the computer has to be able to handle it otherwise, problems. Mine is working fine, a friend who did his own install has all kinds of problems.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tony Greif
    replied
    I agree 100%, Cortana is the one and only thing about Windows 10 that i cannot stand. And the more ram the better, 4 Gb is much better than 2 but i would suggest a minimum of 8 simply because nearly every website these days has pop ads, a lot of which are video ads and the extra ram is nice to have...along with a good processor to handle the multiple applications, ads seem to be the new trend. I wish they would fade out, like mullets.

Leave a comment:

• Tony Greif
    replied

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Presidential Debate
    by crm3006
    Just a heads up, bandicoot. creepy joe's handlers are well capable of canceling the debate on the day it is scheduled. Nothing is too lowlife for dem...
    Today, 01:10 PM
  • Presidential Debate
    by jhjimbo
    Mark your calendar, Tuesday, 29th from The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio. Sleepy Joe and Donald Trump. Get your popcorn ready for the show.
    09-24-2020, 08:40 AM
  • Reply to The Horse Race
    by crm3006
    BH75R: " Is there anything that turkey will not believe from yahoo ?"

I don't think there is a lie outrageous enough that the bandicoot...
    Today, 12:58 PM
  • The Horse Race
    by rock rat
    There are lots of things making this a hard race to predict. Pollsters do their thing and mostly they show Biden up over where Clinton was at this time...
    Yesterday, 09:43 AM
  • Reply to How Do They
    by crm3006
    jhjimbo- If you go to your profile and then to account, you can put them on the ignore list and you won't see their posts. I have 27 "bots"...
    Today, 12:46 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X