Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am now on Windows 10 and tonight this site seems really slow and unstable. Anyone else notice that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    I stayed with Windows 7, I was told by my i-P guy stay with W/7...lots of Problems with W/10.
    I upgraded from 8 to 10 without any problems whatsoever ... once I killed Cortana. For whatever reason Windows 10 will from time to time leave calculator and solitaire running in the background too but thankfully they're only grabbing a tiny bit of memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Greif View Post
      I run Windows 10 and absolutely love it, but i am one of the lucky one's that have had no issues. I run a 3.8 Ghz quad core and 32 Gb of ram so everything is pretty fast for me anyway, i am also on a fiber optic connection which helps.

They say Windows 10 will run on 2 Gb of ram, but about any OS requires 2 Gb "just" to run...leaving nothing left over for programs and stuff. The biggest issue in my opinion is the fact that Windows 10 is constantly gathering information so they throw ads in your face, i have grown used to it and no longer care what they do, i have programs that keeps those ads off my screen anyway.
      Please share...I remember when the basic pop-up blocker worked, but programmers have apparently figured out a way around them and it's pissing me off!

Comment

Jimbo, you think this site is slow? The other day I was doing some research on Spencer rifle and looked at a very fine article on the American Rifleman website. My ad blocker nailed FORTY-TWO ads running at once. Wow!!!

Comment

Yeah, Apple is different if to compare with Windows

Comment

Hello, This is not something unusual, if sometimes this website is pretty slow, or even don't work, but it is worse if the problem is in your computer, because as we know, Windows is an open platform, and a lot of viruses can visit you if you don't have a shield for them, an antivirus. And more, your computer can be slower than usual if it has some junk files, that occupy computer memory. This is why I recommend you download best pc optimization software , and then your computer will work properly.
            Last edited by RGoldManning; 07-30-2020, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad