Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had any experience with Bresser scopes. I know there a German company but that doesn't mean it's good quality. Myself being frugal as I am. Or cheap skate by some standards I'm just wondering if I could get a good deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cd 2 point made. I just tend to overthink things. I have a nice rifle well nice to me. I thinks it's time to give it a proper optic. I'm in the same boat. It takes a lot for me to have a day in the woods. So it's time to upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
      Appears to be a German company selling at least some Chinese stuff.
      Beware of the cheap scopes.
      Bushnell Banners used to be OK, but when they moved production we saw a lot more warranty usage.
      For that reason, I no longer recommend them (haven't for years).
      In fact, the cheapest scope I'll vouch for these days is the Redfield Revolution.
      As much as I invest in shooting/hunting as far as time, gas, loss of work (passing overtime)........saving $100 on a scope just doesn't cut it.
      Risking a hunt, by higher chance of gear failure.........I have never understood.
      Could be the deer of a lifetime.....$100 to screw that up?
      Heck, gas for me to hunt one day is $30 and that's "backyard hunting".

I see tons of guns with cheap scopes and folks driving 40K trucks.Yup, running $50 optics, all psyched to go after "whopper bucks".
      Seen some bring in guns needing new scopes mid season. Some upgrade (learn their lesson). Most do not.

It amazes me how people think burning a ton of gas, spending all that time afield, and having a chance at a bruiser buck....justifies risking it all by choosing suspect gear right off the bat.

There must be some "cheap scope cult".

Reminds me of my dad's old bud. 7mm magnum, Sako, "1 of 1000" with IIRC oak leaf cluster checkering. Yup, Herters cheapy scope.

He had a reg Sako 7 mag too......shot it. Same type of cheap Herters nuked the crosshairs.But by golly it was a good scope, the 7 mag just so powerful.

Never got the old guy to change his view LOL.

He must come from a gargantuan family tree.
      You have to remember (I am not justifying it, just thinking out loud) that most cannot afford a $2k Zeiss. While they (the $$$ scopes) typically last a lifetime, some need to work a lifetime just to afford one.

I got a Nikon BDC 4x12 Prostaff a few years ago for under $150 (there was a 30% off sale and I found a $50 mail-in-rebate). My point is, patience can find you a middle of the road quality for cheap. I dont have time for expensive optics. None of my buddies do. Only the ones working 50-60 hrs a week do....but then again, they dont have time to hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
        Thanks I do over think. And the reason I gave in on the punctuation,is because I realize there are lots of older members who haven't adapted to the world around them.
        I try to be nice.......

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
          Thanks I do over think. And the reason I gave in on the punctuation,is because I realize there are lots of older members who haven't adapted to the world around them.
          So do I. No excuse for my rants. Just cranky, I guess, because of the discomfort caused by my knuckles dragging on the ground.

Comment

I have a bresser Konig scope on my .243 and have found it to be excellent over the last 2years -clear ,good light gathering doesn't mist ,illuminated reticule never moved since I zeroed it -can highly recommend this scope -I paid just over £200 for it new -ridiculous at that price -as good as any scope in the higher price range -can't fault it at all

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad