Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had any experience with Bresser scopes. I know there a German company but that doesn't mean it's good quality. Myself being frugal as I am. Or cheap skate by some standards I'm just wondering if I could get a good deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had any experience with Bresser scopes. I know there a German company but that doesn't mean it's good quality. Myself being frugal as I am. Or cheap skate by some standards I'm just wondering if I could get a good deal.

Has anyone had any experience with Bresser scopes. I know there a German company but that doesn't mean it's good quality. Myself being frugal as I am. Or cheap skate by some standards I'm just wondering if I could get a good deal.

No offence intended, but you seem to be over-thinking your scope purchase. Any of the major manufactures likely have something that will work for you. I'd look for one with a lifetime warranty and try to find the best sale price I could. Last Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9x40 I bought was $159 on clearance when the new models came out. Smoking deal.

BTW, your posts are reading much better. I know you took some heat for it, but thank you, it shows you are a team player.

Comment

Thanks I do over think. And the reason I gave in on the punctuation,is because I realize there are lots of older members who haven't adapted to the world around them.

Comment

There are a lot of good scopes out there, it just depends on what your price point is and what you want the scope for. Fit the scope to the gun and the intended use you have in mind. Name brand usually have the best warranty. I have only had to send a couple back in my lifetime, but it can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
          Thanks I do over think. And the reason I gave in on the punctuation,is because I realize there are lots of older members who haven't adapted to the world around them.
          Don't give yourself too many laurels....

Comment

I don't have any experience with them but I do have some experience with bargain scopes. There are definitely high value budget scopes to be had (diamonds in the rough) but you have to look for them.

My best advice is to go out and see if you can look at one. If it is clear and looks good to you go for it.

In some cases just think that you're getting a scope for now, and that you could replace it with a better scope if need be.

Also if you're looking for high quality low budget scopes, I suggest Pentax and Konus. Pentax GameseekerIII was a great low cost high value scope.

Edit:
            I did some research online, seems like the opinions can swing pretty wildly from it being a great value to being to being straight junk. Although it does seem to be all or nothing swing. There were a lot more people claiming good value than junk.

Comment

Wow!
              Just looked them up online!
              For the life of me, I can't figure out how a company can manufacture a "good" quality riflescope to be sold with rings for a mere $32.99!? (On sale! Down from $42.99!)
              That's nearly 25% off!
              At that discount, a $200 Leupold 3-9×40mm VX-I would only cost $150!
              A $1200 Zeiss would be about $900! Now THAT would be a killer deal! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                I don't have any experience with them but I do have some experience with bargain scopes. There are definitely high value budget scopes to be had (diamonds in the rough) but you have to look for them.

My best advice is to go out and see if you can look at one. If it is clear and looks good to you go for it.

In some cases just think that you're getting a scope for now, and that you could replace it with a better scope if need be.

Also if you're looking for high quality low budget scopes, I suggest Pentax and Konus. Pentax GameseekerIII was a great low cost high value scope.

Edit:
                I did some research online, seems like the opinions can swing pretty wildly from it being a great value to being to being straight junk. Although it does seem to be all or nothing swing. There were a lot more people claiming good value than junk.
                Buckeroo, I have several budget scopes and some have been very good service. I bought some Tasco World Class(lifetime guarantee)and really like them. Did have to have one replaced. Even some of the ones bundled with a firearm my the manufacturer are amazingly good.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                  Wow!
                  For the life of me, I can't figure out how a company can manufacture a "good" quality riflescope to be sold with rings for a mere $32.99!? (On sale! Down from $42.99!)
                  That's nearly 25% off!
                  Plastic lenses means low price.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post

Edit:
                    Yup Jimbo, it can be done. there is no doubt in my mind that zeiss and swarovski make ultra high quality scopes, but most of us can't drop that kind of money on them.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                      Wow!
                      That's nearly 25% off!
                      I think he's talking about these:
                      http://bresserusa.com/collections/riflescopes

Comment

Adapt to a world without manners or correct spelling or grammar? Not me. Changing the rules of behavior by mass disobedience is nothing but passive aggression.

Comment

Appears to be a German company selling at least some Chinese stuff.
                          Beware of the cheap scopes.
                          Bushnell Banners used to be OK, but when they moved production we saw a lot more warranty usage.
                          For that reason, I no longer recommend them (haven't for years).
                          In fact, the cheapest scope I'll vouch for these days is the Redfield Revolution.
                          As much as I invest in shooting/hunting as far as time, gas, loss of work (passing overtime)........saving $100 on a scope just doesn't cut it.
                          Risking a hunt, by higher chance of gear failure.........I have never understood.
                          Could be the deer of a lifetime.....$100 to screw that up?
                          Heck, gas for me to hunt one day is $30 and that's "backyard hunting".

I see tons of guns with cheap scopes and folks driving 40K trucks.Yup, running $50 optics, all psyched to go after "whopper bucks".
                          Seen some bring in guns needing new scopes mid season. Some upgrade (learn their lesson). Most do not.

It amazes me how people think burning a ton of gas, spending all that time afield, and having a chance at a bruiser buck....justifies risking it all by choosing suspect gear right off the bat.

There must be some "cheap scope cult".

Reminds me of my dad's old bud. 7mm magnum, Sako, "1 of 1000" with IIRC oak leaf cluster checkering. Yup, Herters cheapy scope.

He had a reg Sako 7 mag too......shot it. Same type of cheap Herters nuked the crosshairs.But by golly it was a good scope, the 7 mag just so powerful.

Never got the old guy to change his view LOL.

He must come from a gargantuan family tree.

Comment

I'm still upset with your comment. It smacks of arrogant condescension. Up yours!

Comment

Wow, a sociologist AND a fine optics aficionado.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad