Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a good, yet cheap trail camera for a beginner? One that takes good or decent photos for under $100.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a good, yet cheap trail camera for a beginner? One that takes good or decent photos for under $100.

Whats a good, yet cheap trail camera for a beginner? One that takes good or decent photos for under $100.

Look for end of season close outs, you can find a good brand name for a good discount. Check the big box stores and mail order outlets.

Comment

A hundred bucks! I'm not sure that would by two Whoppers at Burger King. Wait ... I'm thinking in terms of Canadian dollars. Never mind.

Comment

Wildview has some budget priced cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
          A hundred bucks! I'm not sure that would by two Whoppers at Burger King. Wait ... I'm thinking in terms of Canadian dollars. Never mind.
          What does 1 Canadian dollar buy?

Comment

Moultrie A-5 camera is great. It takes video/pics and gets 5.0 megapixels.

Comment

I've had good luck with my Moultrie, don't remember the model but its comparable to the A-5, had a budget Wildgame short out and burn on me too, will never buy another. Here are some samples.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                Less than eighty cents US last time I checked.

Comment

Moultrie A-5
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ADeaver View Post
                    Moultrie A-5
                    Nice picture, great deer.

Comment

Moultrie A-5
                      Thanks, I don't think I could take one this good with a real camera.

Comment

Moultrie A-5
                        ...or a bow, haha.

Comment

Moultrie A-5
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have a moultrie A-5 and a Bushnell Trophy Cam. I like my Bushnell much more. The batteries last longer, and the mounting bracket is more convenient. You can buy it at Wal-Mart for $89. Go check out the hunting section and look in the clearance isle. Our local walmart has 2 A-5's on clearance for $69.

Comment

I wouldn't waste my time with a Moultrie A-5 when I can spend an extra $30 and get a Browning Strike Force for $129.95 at Trailcampro.com and have it come complete with free shipping, a free SD card, and a 2-year warranty. You cannot beat that deal with a stick, and the Browning cameras get pretty decent reviews. For me, the 2-year warranty is the selling point.

http://www.trailcampro.com/

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad