Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a Hoyt Charger on hold at a local store. Any thoughts on this bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Hoyt Charger on hold at a local store. Any thoughts on this bow?

I have a Hoyt Charger on hold at a local store. Any thoughts on this bow?

This is just a thought Ive never shot the bow. I grew up shooting Hoyt and they make great bows. However for the price you could get twice the performance out of a PSE AND I HATE SAYING THAT. I shot every PSE and the price they ask is well worth the quality. My best answer to this question is go to the store and test shoot some bows. I know cabelas, bass pro, and other archery stores will help you pick. two most important things when testing is correct draw length and dont overweight yourself out of choosing a good bow. #50 draw weight is good for practice. You will feel the valley alot better.
    #expertHUNTsupport worldwide-hunts.com

Comment

Mr. Freeman I just walked out the door of a large outdoor box store down your way. Now for lunch on Gorham rd.

Did your deer hunting ever come back around? If I recall you weren't seeing the numbers this season that you'd seen years past.

And on to your question. If you've shot the bow and shoot it well it will kill deer just as well as a similar bow shooting the same arrow set up at the same speed. Find a bow that you shoot well that's on the high end of your price range and enjoy it. For me and my price range at the time a PSE Brute X was what I went with.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by worldwidehunts View Post
        This is just a thought Ive never shot the bow. I grew up shooting Hoyt and they make great bows. However for the price you could get twice the performance out of a PSE AND I HATE SAYING THAT. I shot every PSE and the price they ask is well worth the quality. My best answer to this question is go to the store and test shoot some bows. I know cabelas, bass pro, and other archery stores will help you pick. two most important things when testing is correct draw length and dont overweight yourself out of choosing a good bow. #50 draw weight is good for practice. You will feel the valley alot better.
        #expertHUNTsupport worldwide-hunts.com
        For the mid range bows, that is a great one for the price. I was very happy shooting it and would recommend it to anyone to give a try. When i upgrade my bow that is one i will be looking into.

Comment

I just purchased an Elite Energy 35. You should really check it out before you make a buy!
          Good Luck,
          Seth

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad