Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone on here called in a wolf with a fox pro before? I was setting up to call for coyotes and a wolf happened to walk out while i was still setting up everything, i shot him and got my first wolf, i went back the next day and 5 different tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone on here called in a wolf with a fox pro before? I was setting up to call for coyotes and a wolf happened to walk out while i was still setting up everything, i shot him and got my first wolf, i went back the next day and 5 different tracks

Has anyone on here called in a wolf with a fox pro before? I was setting up to call for coyotes and a wolf happened to walk out while i was still setting up everything, i shot him and got my first wolf, i went back the next day and 5 different tracks went through the same field i got the first one. I'm just wondering if a certain call works good for wolves.

Here is a picture of him!
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice wolf. I would try the same calls as you would for coyotes.
      P.S We looked at getting a 95% wolf from a breeder. A picture of the Alpha male is in my photos. We chickened out as the breeder said it would probably kill all the other dogs in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorBC View Post
        Congrats....H~7 On your #1 Wolf! What Cal, tell us more.

Comment

Harry, Congratulations! That a big wolf. He should make a nice rug.
          I would love to bag a wolf someday.

Comment

Congrats Harry on a nice wolf. I call coyotes so don't know much about wolves. I have been attacked by wolves though and spent 10 days elk hunting among the wolves in western Montana last year. I feel that wolves are more aggressive than coyotes and less fussy.

All these predators will respond to a free lunch though. Therefore I suggest using a call that represents what they eat. If jackrabbits are around, that will always work. In the spring, distressed fawn bleats or distressed doe bleats will work too. Last year while in Montana, I talked to several locals who claimed to be using cow elk calls with a distressed type of call.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
              Harry, Congratulations! That a big wolf. He should make a nice rug.
              I would love to bag a wolf someday.
              me 2 gary

Comment

Dude.. that's so badass. Congrats on the successful hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                  P.S We looked at getting a 95% wolf from a breeder. A picture of the Alpha male is in my photos. We chickened out as the breeder said it would probably kill all the other dogs in the area.
                  how much was that wolf where did u get it from

Comment

The breeder is in C. Ohio. We wound up not getting one. I don't remember what he was asking for pups.

Comment

Nice wolf! Nice property!!!

Comment

Harry

You should make an account on Archerytalk.com
                        then let me know what your user name is.
                        We seem to be about the same age, we can chat a little on there without bothering everybody.
                        Seth

Comment

thx

Comment

I used a .270 with 100 grain bullets. There are two different packs on our 3000 acre property, I am going to give it another week and try to get more of them, we often see signs were the two packs will come in contact and there'll be blood all in the snow from fighting I assume, the alpha male has tracks that are about 1 and a half of my hands. He's massive, i haven't seen him in person yet, I'm hoping he turns out to be a pure black beauty!

Comment

Thanks for the advice and congratulations everyone! I'll let you know if i get anymore! In Northern B.C there is no bag limit and our cattle are often a primary food source for these beautiful animals. This is the first wolf our family has killed in nearly 10 years so i'm very excited that i got him!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to "A little rebellion...."
                                by Milldawg
                                Ok well time for an adult response. If we allow all of rights to be slow taken from us with no push back of any kind we will wake up one and be slaves...
                                Today, 06:17 PM
                              • "A little rebellion...."
                                by FirstBubba
                                ...now and then is a good thing!"

This ought set off Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Stupid! LOL!
                                --------‐‐-------------------------------...
                                08-13-2022, 12:45 PM
                              • Reply to The Culture of Lying
                                by Pmacc60
                                I agree and worse to talk stupid and have no repercussion . The more uneducated and ridiculous statement , the bigger press !...
                                Today, 06:09 PM
                              • The Culture of Lying
                                by jhjimbo
                                The culture of lying is epidemic in Washington, D.C. and the rest of the Country. How did this get started? Was it Richard Nixon ? The crooked main...
                                Today, 08:16 AM
                              • Reply to "A little rebellion...."
                                by labrador12
                                The NY Post's daily article on Hunter and Hunter's dad's treasonous business dealings with assorted international thugs is interesting. The piece brings...
                                Today, 06:05 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X