Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My friend and I want to pursue marriam's in NW Nebraska around Crawford and Chadron. Is a self guided hunt feasible for experien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hunterjp88
    replied
    I live an hour from there and went to college in Chadron. My suggestion is forget the guide, and just go for it. There is lots of birds on the public land around there, and a lot of public land at that. Pressure is moderate to high, but plenty of birds to go around. Just find a roost one evening, and youll have them to yourself the next day. Also, private land is pretty accessible. There are some farms and ranches with hundreds of birds that are eager to get rid of a couple. Your chances of getting a pure Merriam is probably 50% as there are a lot of hybrids with cream colored fans. There are cheap motels in both chadron and Crawford. Any other questions, you can call the Ponderosa Game and Parks office in Crawford. Nick Zazcek is the turkey biologist up there.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Go on line: Hunting Nebraska Outdoors News.

Leave a comment:

• My friend and I want to pursue marriam's in NW Nebraska around Crawford and Chadron. Is a self guided hunt feasible for experien

My friend and I want to pursue marriam's in NW Nebraska around Crawford and Chadron. Is a self guided hunt feasible for experienced hunters in this area? Is the public land over pressured or crowded? If so are there any affordable offiters in the area? Would also like to find affordable lodging in the area?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad