Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to kill a wounded turkey so as not to get hit with a spur ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bubba, the way he was tucked into that brushpile there was nowhere for him to go, fight or flight kicked in, and he had one option. i was an idiot for trying to grab his leg to drag him out.

Comment

scratch

I've known of several different cases of hunters hurt (none seriously) by wounded/dying game animals. Fortunately, I'm not among them.
      It's not because I haven't pulled my fair share of stupid stunts.
      Regardless of laws, I do carry a small .22 when hunting. (I have a CHL which makes it legal) I just think safety and ethics outweigh the consequences.
      But....that's my decision.

Comment

I just put my boot on his neck until he's gone.

Comment

I know in Pennsylvania, you're allowed to carry a pistol while turkey hunting, but only during a small game season, so I just step on its neck, then, if it has'nt died, I wring it's neck until it dies.

Comment

I happen to agree with 99explorer I carry a NAA Black widow for snakes and what not the first 2 rounds I always keep bird shot which have come in handy especially at close range. The guns are relatively inexpensive considering you get the long rifle & magnum cylinder it might be something to look into.

Comment

Shoot it again.

Comment

My grandfather always took a hatchet or axe and cut the head off

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad