Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone found any good youtube videos on how to use a mouth call? i have been practicing for a while now, but i havent been a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone found any good youtube videos on how to use a mouth call? i have been practicing for a while now, but i havent been a

Has anyone found any good youtube videos on how to use a mouth call? i have been practicing for a while now, but i havent been able to find any good videos. Thanks!

there isnt a good way to video something that you use in your mouth, so you arent going to find much other then what it should sound like and different calls to make on a diaphram.

Comment

I agree. I have found the hardest call to try to teach a new turkey hunter is a mouth call, mainly because it is hard to describe what you are doing and so much of the technique is feel. We are working on a calling tip video and hope to have it posted to www.deer30outdoors.com asap.

Until then, place the call in the roof of your mouth with the reed opening facing out and the longest reed toward the roof of your mouth. Place your tongue flat on the bottom of the call. Use the same "huffing" that you would to clean a pair of sunglasses. Use your tongue to increase the pressure on the reed until you reach the high note or first half of a yelp. Hold that high note, then drop your lower jaw, decreasing the pressure on the reed. This will result in the deeper tone or back half of the help. Practice this and gradually add some speed and you will soon find yourself yelping.

This is a good start. Learn to mix a little cutting in and you will have the basics.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad