More Bad News....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAM:
    Just saw this as we have been busy helping folks here with their damage from the derecho that hit eastern Iowa Monday.
    So sorry for your loss but as least she is no longer in pain and will be in Heaven waiting for you when you arrive !
    Take care, sending prayers for all your family.

Comment

Originally posted by springerman3 View Post
      WAM:
      Just saw this as we have been busy helping folks here with their damage from the derecho that hit eastern Iowa Monday.
      So sorry for your loss but as least she is no longer in pain and will be in Heaven waiting for you when you arrive !
      Take care, sending prayers for all your family.
      Thanks, Springerman3. As I sit here looking down the hill, I can see her returning from her adventure on the property. Mom will take care of her in Heaven. They dearly loved each other. Gone too soon. Happy Trails

Comment

her so soon. She’s back at the vet for a more comprehensive evaluation today. She will hardly eat or drink anything. Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
        Last edited by EVAKATY75; 01-19-2021, 04:17 AM.

Comment

We have Ozzie, Std Poodle who is still doing good for a 14 y.o. He is a top Champion in the obstacle course competition. We keep him on the Glucosamine/Chondroitin and walk him regularly. We lost Macie (White one) his twin Sister several years ago to Lymphatic Cancer.
          Hard to see them go down hill and say goodbye.
          Pic. 8 years ago.
          You can tell I never hunted with these two although Poodles are excellent hunters. I have hunted with my Mothers Std. Poodle, Trixie. She did do a sort of point on a Pheasant, but I scared her with a gun shot. That was the end of that. She was 2" behind my heel the rest of the day.

Click image for larger version  Name:	OZ Macie Christmas 2014.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.4 KB ID:	765968
          Last edited by jhjimbo; 01-15-2021, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I have hunted with my daughter's standard poodle, and he was an eager hunter, becoming highly excited by the words, "Waskawee waabbit!"

Comment

Braveheart, our 14 year old Lab, crossed over the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon at rest on a sunny afternoon. His joints and lack of mobility was causing him to fall and also to bump into things. He was suffering with the pain and had no quality of life. He had a good last day. Me, not so much.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2156FD01-D28E-40E7-8987-43C716D1E7DD.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	771340
              Last edited by WA Mtnhunter; 05-05-2021, 02:02 AM.

Comment

So very sorry to read the news WAM. It even brings tears to hear of others who have lost a true friend. I am sure Braveheart had a wonderful life with you, and is now free of pain. My thoughts are with you !

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Condolences WAM. It’s getting hard watching my 13 year old Brit decline at an increasing rate, eventually we’ll have to make that last ride as well. My kids were 4 and 2 when we brought her home so it’s going to be especially hard on them.

Comment

The sorrow in your heart will eventually subside.
                      The good memories that only the love of a faithful companion can give will remain in your heart forever.

Comment

WAM,
                        I definitely feel your pain and send you and your family our prayers.
                        Take care and know that you were blessed with having this dog in your life.

Comment

Thanks, all. I know he is where he needs to be and free of suffering now. I think he kept going just for me. He always gave his best and was a fierce protector of my wife and home, even a wee bit too aggressive at times. We miss both of them dearly. This is the first time in 48 years that we have been dogless. Happy Trails

Comment

WAM -
                            Sincere condolences.
                            I feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              WAM -
                              Sincere condolences.
                              I feel your pain.
                              Thanks, 99.
                              Two within nine months is a bit much. 2020 sucked and 2021 not looking much better. I’ll probably just skip waterfowl season until I can bring up another Lab.
                              Happy Trails

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad