No announcement yet.

More Bad News....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Scout took a nosedive last night and this morning. We realized that she was not going to get well again and called the Vet. We put her to rest at 3:20 this afternoon. Peacefully faded away. Journey on, Baby Girl...

”A thing of beauty is a joy forever” - Keats

Comment

My heart goes out to you. My daughters nickname was Scout and my Grandaughter is actually named Scout. As I write my dog, who is my best friend, stretches out next to me. I am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss. As we get older I feel a dog passing should get easier, it does not. Kindest Regards

Comment

Sorry to read this WAM, bad news is getting really old this year.

Here's to faithful companions and better days ahead. 🥃

Comment

WAM, deepest condolences.

Comment

Tough to lose one, especially in her prime. Especially that way. I would appreciate some shared memories when you are ready for that ... which will take some time I'm sure. I remember when you got her but didn't here much after that. But of course I'm usually out of touch a lot during hunting season.

Here's something I did for Opal who passed last year. Gave it to my daughter and her guy as she was living with them most of the time her last couple of years. Might give you some ideas.

You're kind of in a tough spot now with the old dog not taking well to new ones in the house. That makes things even harder. No chance of a distraction right now. Both you and your gal take care of yourselves in this difficult time. Eat well and exercise. It really helps. I know about that stuff all too well.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Opal Memorial.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	741890
            Attached Files

Comment

My condolences. My dogs are a huge part of my life. I hope you can find a new love to help you through!

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                My condolences. My dogs are a huge part of my life. I hope you can find a new love to help you through!
                Thanks, L12! I’m sure we will at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                  Tough to lose one, especially in her prime. Especially that way. I would appreciate some shared memories when you are ready for that ... which will take some time I'm sure. I remember when you got her but didn't here much after that. But of course I'm usually out of touch a lot during hunting season.

Here's something I did for Opal who passed last year. Gave it to my daughter and her guy as she was living with them most of the time her last couple of years. Might give you some ideas.

You're kind of in a tough spot now with the old dog not taking well to new ones in the house. That makes things even harder. No chance of a distraction right now. Both you and your gal take care of yourselves in this difficult time. Eat well and exercise. It really helps. I know about that stuff all too well.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Opal Memorial.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	741890
                  That memorial you made is beautiful. I’ll come up with something in time. The old boy is in pretty poor shape physically and mentally now. I’m not sure if he is even aware Scout is gone, although he appeared to check the house looking. I hauled her bed and some of her old stuff away today. Painful at best. I don’t think I’m up for a pup this time of year....maybe Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    WAM, deepest condolences.
                    Thanks, Bubba. I appreciate the kind words. WAM

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. There's no words. Sometimes I wonder if what's between humans and dogs may be the perfect bond, at least in this existence. Take care.

Comment

So sorry for your loss.

Comment

Had a big long post typed half dozen times but I just won't discuss losing my dogs. Doubt I ever will. I know what you're feeling, I am sorry for your pain.

Comment

WAM, I am very sorry to hear about Scout. I know words at times such as this are of little help, but know they are filled with much feeling of sorrow ! Take care !

Comment

I’m so sad and sorry to see this, it’s all so hard to deal with when your companion is getting up in years and their life and health has slipped away. When such a beautiful and young girl such as Scout is lost its unbearable , I would not wish this pain on anyone. My thoughts are with you and yours, my heart goes out to you.

Comment

Thanks all, for all the kind words and expressions of sympathy. I truly appreciate it. It takes a man who has lost a fine canine companion to truly understand. Blessings to all of you.
                                The old dog and I are camped out working on the cabin. Scout loved this place. Happy Trails

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad