Memorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial

My daughter and her boyfriend were out with Opal for the grouse opener last fall and she snapped this photo. A couple of coveys hung around their fishing campsite all summer long and they had a heck of a time keeping the old dog from scooping a chick. Needless to say, she was ready to go opening day and it didn't take her long to score. Until Opal got sick she spent more time with them and my grandson than she did here at home. Tom was away working out of town when she passed on Thursday and he's taking it pretty hard. For whatever reason my daughter decided to save the fan on that grouse. I framed the photo for Tom for Christmas. She brought them both over today to see if I could make something for him for Father's Day. I threw this together after church. Turned out okay. What do you think?
    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 06-03-2019, 12:45 PM.

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
    My daughter and her boyfriend were out with Opal for the grouse opener last fall and she snapped this photo. A couple of coveys hung around their fishing campsite all summer long and they had a heck of a time keeping the old dog from scooping a chick. Needless to say, she was ready to go opening day and it didn't take her long to score. Until Opal got sick she spent more time with them and my grandson than she did here at home. Tom was away working out of town when she passed on Thursday and he's taking it pretty hard. For whatever reason my daughter decided to save the fan on that grouse. I framed the photo for Tom for Christmas. She brought them both over today to see if I could make something for him for Father's Day. I threw this together after church. Turned out okay. What do you think?
    I am sure it will bring a tear to his eye for a few days, but in the long run, it will be a wonderful remembrance OHH ! Good job, looks very nice ! You appear to have a ‘good eye’ for putting things together. Hope you are starting to feel a bit better about things now. When my lab Bo left my life, I wish I would have had someone to do that for me !!

Comment

Turned out okay. What do you think?
      I think it turned out more than just ok.

Nice work indeed.

You may have a Son in Law in your future. Sounds like you’d be good with that.

Comment

👍👍 sorry for the late post, just saw it this am.

Comment

I once had a very good short-haired pointer that came down with epilepsy, and had an occasional grand mal seizure while hunting in the field.
          For reasons I won't go into here, I found it necessary one day to euthanize him there in one of our pheasant covers in the back field.
          Now, whenever I look at that shotgun, all I remember is that it was the gun I used to put my buddy Schuyler to sleep.
          Your memorial brought back sad memories for me.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Opal passing. She will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. Happy Trails

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
              Sorry to hear about Opal passing. She will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. Happy Trails
              Thanks. How's your old fella holding up?

Comment

Sad to hear of your loss , Honk! You’re in my thoughts.

Comment

Comment

We certainly have our differences 99, but your above post, photo and it’s words brought an instant tear !!

Comment

Thanks. How's your old fella holding up?
                      Well, not too sporty of late. He is suffering from laryngeal paralysis and the onset of neurological deterioration manifesting is loss of muscle in the hind end. He does ok when it’s cooler than 70F. He can still go a mile and a half when it’s cooler. It takes him a while to cool down due to the obstructed breathing. He pointed and flushed 4 grouse last week in E. WA! So he still has the “want to”! I doubt we’ll do the September early goose since it’s usually pretty warm. Sadly, I think this will be his last season in the field if he makes it that long. The little girl is in her prime at 7 yo. Happy Trails

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Are You Ready For This ?
                        by fitch270
                        I saw elsewhere the idea, in a nutshell, is to create organ donors for humans.

Planet of the Apes isn’t so far fetched............
                        Today, 09:41 AM
                      • Are You Ready For This ?
                        by jhjimbo
                        An American Scientist financed by Spain has gone to China to create an ape-human by combining a human embryo with a primate. I don't know why he had...
                        Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                      • Red Dot's
                        by jhjimbo
                        What is the difference between a open Red Dot and a scope type Red Dot ? Function, operation, accuracy potential....
                        Today, 09:41 AM
                      • Reply to Are You Ready For This ?
                        by PigHunter
                        Maybe they are trying to create the ultimate soldier...
                        Today, 09:01 AM
                      • Reply to Increasing Security
                        by PigHunter
                        Jimbo, here's the 12 leading causes of death in the USA. Carrying that gun may make you feel better but you'll more likely increase your chances for living...
                        Today, 08:52 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X