Plans to Continue Hunting with Dogs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by springerman3 View Post

Fitch: yes that does not roll off the lips like springerman3 👍 He is moving better this week but still far from 100 %
    We did bag a rabbit last week from my small patch of prairie grass. Pete flushed it ( no chase ) and the hunter made a nice 30 yard shot with the Franchi 28 gauge. Pete then made his usual good retrieve !!
    I dunno ... "Baron von Munsterlander" sounds like a good handle.

My little Puppy would love you! She is absolutely bonkers for cottontails (not really interested in jackrabbits). Every piece of farm equipment left in the field or old abandoned farmstead distracts her when we're bird hunting. "Dad, I KNOW there's a bunny around here somewhere!" I think it's the fact that they are such creatures of habit that attracts her. And she never forgets where she's kicked one up. Same pile of old fence posts will pull her off course year after year. And as often as not there's a rabbit to be found. Unfortunately for her, I am not interested in shooting bunnies.
    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 02-28-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad