Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enybuddy gotta REAL GOOD Labrador? This video is fur evvabudy. See first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enybuddy gotta REAL GOOD Labrador? This video is fur evvabudy. See first post.

Enybuddy gotta REAL GOOD Labrador? This video is fur evvabudy. See first post.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVW9FBbJUb4

Comment

The REAL test is retrieving when it is 25 degrees and the bay is like a 7 Eleven frozen slurpy and de dawgz has to swim 150 yards through flooded cattails and marsh grass and den another 100 yards in de bay. "Brave, BACK"!

Comment

Not much footage of the dogs at work. Mostly interviews with people in the trade.
        And what little we did see of the dogs is nothing compared to a pointing dog field trial where retrieving is just a small part of it.

Comment

Whut they said.

He needs to find a better video.

Mebbe Ah kin...

Comment

Field trial dawgz mine aren't....

Comment

TO: GOD, FROM: A LABRADOR

Dear God: More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.

Dear God: Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

Dear God here is my do not do list;

1. I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it or after they throw it up.

2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc. just because I like the way they smell.

3. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.

4. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way of saying "hello."

5. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house—not after.

6. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt.

P.S. Dear God: I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch.

Comment

I had a black lab that I raised from a puppy once. But all the sudden he began dropping weight like crazy so I had take him to the vet. They x-rayed his stomach and then did some exploratory surgery and discovered some sort of cancerous stuff in his digeztive track so I had to have him put down. But hey, that's life. And besides, I never liked him much anyway, he had way to small of a frame and build for my taste, and I've just never been able to get that excited about dogs.

Comment

300, Tex, Dallas, or whatever you go by these days,
                  I always suspected you wuz about a half bubble off plumb, but you just confirmed that. You obviously know nothing about hunting, dogs, politics, or much of anything else by some of your inane comments here and elsewhere. Sorry, just the facts, jack!

Comment

This video showcased the facility we use to train at Greensboro, Al. and is a state owned facility that is open to the public. It is such a great facility that the AKC chose to utilize it for the Master Nationals, which is a hunt test, not a field trial, open only to Master Hunter titled dogs, much like the UKC Grand Hunts which are open to only HRCH (Hunting Retriever Champions) dogs.
                    The difference between a hunt test and a field trial is that in a hunt test, dogs compete against a standard and not each other. In other words, if a dog picks up the birds without having to be handled on marks and not excessive cast refusals on blinds, it will pass. This is much the same with field trials but judges are comparing one dog's work against the other and the manner in which the goal was accomplished. Distances in field trials are also much extended, making the retrieve WAM described much like child's play to these dogs, plus the fact that you are looking at multiple marks at 350-450 yards instead of just a single mark.
                    I ask you now WAM, what is the real test? The fact of the matter is that these dogs are just dogs doing what they were born and bred to do (although human intervention with training plays a huge role) and they are just wanting to pick up a bird, whether you shot it or a gun station shot it 400 yards away. We are looking for the same thing in our dogs, good marking ability, obedience and control with faith in us that when we send them, there will be a bird where we send them. What I look for is mostly when at the end of the day, whether we were hunting or at a hunt test, is a buddy that climbs up in my lap and stretches out with me in the recliner and gives me that "We done good today" look.
                    PS: I agree Old 300 is a fool.
                    RTR-Robert

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad