Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A blessed day was Wednesday, as I was blessed with a litter of 9 happy, healthy BLACK Lab puppies. There are 6 males, 3 females

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A blessed day was Wednesday, as I was blessed with a litter of 9 happy, healthy BLACK Lab puppies. There are 6 males, 3 females

A blessed day was Wednesday, as I was blessed with a litter of 9 happy, healthy BLACK Lab puppies. There are 6 males, 3 females, some with slight tuxedo marking. The sire is a well titled hunting/hunt test dog and the dam is my personal house/hunting dog. These will be small labs with females going about 40-45 pounds and males about 5 pounds heavier that will make great companion/hunting/hunt test dogs. AKC/UKC registered dewclaws removed, first two rounds of shots and wormed. I will be selling a couple of these and they will be ready to go about Valentine's Day.

You are tempting me! Those will be nice sized dogs. Pearl and Opal are 70 lbs each with Pearl being a bit taller but leaner. The Britt is 28 lbs. It would be nice to have something in the middle. Forty pounds was the size of the immortal Ethyl, greatest hunting dog I'll probably ever own. Small as she was she had no trouble handling big honkers. In fact, she loved working them a lot more than she did ducks. Sigh! I simply do not have room for another dog and I won't kennel one and keep the rest in the house. Anyway, you'd shoot me if I did something like that. Or you should shoot me. Hmmm. My cousin in Boise said he was thinking about getting another hunting dog. His last lab died several years ago. He and his wife are great people. I'll drop him a line.

Comment

You're breakin mah balls!Butt it's still too soon.Do you have a kennel website?

Comment

Labrador Puppies?

Nuthin in the world better than a Labrador Puppy!

Butt cept for mebbe two.

Comment

RES, any pictures?

Comment

Congrats RES, that a nice size litter of labs.
            Good luck with them!

Comment

Barnaby, I do not have a website because I have so few litters and have all the training work I want. I need to set a facebook page though. I have some pics on my FB page, Jimbo.
              I am keeping 4 (2/2) to sell as started dogs in the fall, and since I sold my dog last week, I will end up keeping one of the four. Maddie, (the Dam) has earned her place by the fireplace and as soon as she gets over nursing this litter, I'm gonna have her spayed. I will probably teal and dove hunt her some, and if it's not too cold take her duckin with me, simply because she is too good to retire yet and she loves it so much.
              I got a deposit on the last female yesterday and one on one of the males in the evening. That ain't bad considering the litter whelped Wednesday.

Comment

RES -

Yeah, they are very resilient.One of my dawg's ancestors, NFC HoF Marvadel Black Gum, qualified for the Naionals 8 times.Won a AKC sanctioned field trial when he wuz eleven.Another one, Tar of Arden (my dawg's grandma when I wuzza pup) got a break from having unregistered litters for arrogant aristocrats and became High Point National Champion and is in the AKC Hall of Fame.She wuz then bred to National Number two, HiWood Mike.He is still known as THE English and American Champion and wz the first dawg imported who had the gene for chocolate.It turned out to be one of the most important breedings ever.If Little Pierre's son had made the HoF, it woulda been 10 consecutive generations of Hall of Famers.Got that line in your kennel?

www.fieldandstream.com/photos/trophyroom/recent/single?pnid=1001491564#1001491564

Comment

Barnaby,
                  That is indeed a very impressive pedigree, the likes of which I cannot even hope of having. As you know, such pedigrees take years and years (if you have good dogs coming from the bloodline) to acquire.
                  I do not participate in AKC field trials because I really do not enjoy and really don't have the facilities to train field trial dogs. However, when it comes to turning out first class hunt test (AKC or UKC) dogs and dogs for the above average sportsman to use for the field is something I really enjoy and can do. Nothing makes me happier to pair a client with a dog and hear back from the client how many retrieves the dog flawlessly performed on this hunt or that hunt and how his cronies coveted such a dog. Part of that is training the new owner how to use their new partner. Too many new owners think that just because the dog will handle that they should do it every time they can. I strongly advise that handling should be reserved for blind retrieves and a dog sent after a mark should 99% of the time never be handled as they should remember where the fall(s) is/are.
                  I doubt I will ever breed to an FC/AFC dog as they tend to be too high stung for what I am looking for.
                  Good Hunting!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to More Bad News....
                    by jhjimbo
                    So sorry for your loss....
                    Today, 10:40 AM
                  • More Bad News....
                    by WA Mtnhunter
                    My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                    07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
                  • Reply to More Bad News....
                    by Amflyer
                    Thanks for letting us know. There's no words. Sometimes I wonder if what's between humans and dogs may be the perfect bond, at least in this existence....
                    Today, 10:26 AM
                  • Reply to 16 Years
                    by Ontario Honker Hunter
                    "... not a racist except in that I support the white condition without being a nazi or white supremacy nut." So you are a racist, just not a...
                    Today, 09:38 AM
                  • 16 Years
                    by jhjimbo
                    So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                    Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X