Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you sell a dog for twice what it is worth, do you have any right to have sellers remorse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you sell a dog for twice what it is worth, do you have any right to have sellers remorse?

If you sell a dog for twice what it is worth, do you have any right to have sellers remorse?

Absolutely... value is established by what the market will pay. Love can be eternal.

Comment

Without a Doubt Yes...You don't get a true meaning full relationship out of money.I feel that a Dogs undivided loyalty is worth more than money, especially because you don't need money to be happy.

Comment

As you well know, RES, for some folks money is no object. If they get a dog they are happy with then what does it matter how much they pay? Money is just a pile of paper. Happiness is priceless. However, if the buyer misrepresents the dog to get more money ... well, that is probably something to be remorseful about. If the buyer purchases a dog that the seller knows will ultimately prove to be a source of unhappiness - for whatever reason (health issues, obstinacy, etc.) - then I suppose that would or should be cause for remorse.

Comment

So a young fellow (by my standards) came by the kennel yesterday and said he wanted to buy a dog ready to hunt. The only thing I had out of the lot I would consider selling (reluctantly) was a 2 1/2 half year old female, one of the 17 puppies Bayouwoof spoke of in a previous post.
          He wanted a female, as it would be a companion dog as well as one to do the fetching when the shootin' was done. I got Suzie out and ran a couple of blinds, demonstrated how skilled she was at taking cast, sitting on the whistle, etc.
          Then we threw some marks, about 150 yards, doubles and triples. Have not worked the dog but once since my bypass surgery in October, but unfortunately for me, fortunately for the prospect, performed flawlessly.
          Then the question came, "What'll ya take?" Oh crap, so I threw out a number I thought was a couple grand higher than what I thought the dog was worth. He didn't even blink and spooled out 45 C notes, cash on the barrel head.
          Moral of the story: Don't price something if you really don't want to sell it.
          Good news is I have a year old male outa the same breeding that is close to ready to go, and a litter from the same breeding that will be on the ground soon. May keep them all and finish them out over the next year and have a bunch of dogs ready to go by October.
          Never woulda thunk it,,,

Comment

Remorse?

Sounds like she's smort enuff to train him.

She's prolly lyin in his bed as we speak, awaitin HER brand of cookies!

Comment

Ah, I see. Not what I thought you were getting at. My condolences. Really!

You could have as easily decided to change your mind ... but you are a man of your word. Commendable. Extremely commendable. And a rare commodity these days. The key to your success I'm sure.

Comment

Well, if you're in the business of training and selling dogs, kinda hard on you to get emotionally attached to them. Sounds like a good deal... seller and buyer both got what they wanted.

Comment

Bayouwoof, I spoke to the new owner this evening, he reported that the dog did indeed sleep with he and his wife last night. They hit the marsh this morning and her work was flawless on 3 mallards, 2 woodies, and a canada goose. Upon their return, she took up residence in his recliner until they departed for the evening hunt which produced a big goose egg. I questioned (begged and groveled) as to whether or not he wanted to bring him back his money and take the dog back, but he declined,,,,
                  Honker, I never wanted to re-nig on a deal so bad in my life, but I made my bed so I had to sleep in it, like I said, there is a litter on the way. I'll just keep most of them and when I'm through sell the ones I want to and keep the best one for myself.
                  obijohn, you do get to liking the dogs once you have worked through 2 1/2 years of nurturing and training, but it goes with the territory.
                  Did you ever hear the story of where two fools met? Seems that one offered the other an enormous price for dog, much more than what it was worth in anybody's opinion, and the prospective seller
                  declined the offer. I didn't want to be 'that guy'.

Comment

RES -

Sounds like ye may be almost ready for the more advanced concepts...

Did ye ever consider thet yo ex-dawgz' spirits may have arranged the entire thing?

Certain of us are selected as slavez.

Comment

Bayouwoof,
                      Erthang happens fer a reason, good, bad, or otherwise,,,,,,

Comment

I could never sell my big black dawg. One, he will never get in the truck with anybody else and two, he might chew their arm off if'n they tried to leash him. But he doesn't get to sit in the recliner either.... or the couch.

Comment

WAM -

Yeah, Ah couldn't nevva sell no dawg, neither.

Evva one Ah evva got (nine so far) wuz meant fur Me Only.

Besides, if'n Ah wuz to sell him (perish the thought), they'd bring him back before the Sun went down.

Leg Humpin.

Mah brudda and his wife stopped by on their way to the Sound from L.A. (not lower Bama) to visit their daughter and they've lived their lives in better circumstances and are a little snooty and they got "equalized" by mah Lover of Legz.

Mosty time, whenever Ah have visitorz, Ah just put him outside wif his Inflatable Artificial Human Laig and bring him in for special occasions.

Comment

'woof, that there is funny no matter who you are!

Comment

WAM -

Thanky, thanky.

Ah tries, Ah swear Ah duz.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to We Don't NEED
                                by rock rat
                                Turd herder? Bubba did you used to work at the wastewater plant?

Am Flyer, much appreciated but it's kind of a lost cause here.
                                Today, 01:18 PM
                              • We Don't NEED
                                by jhjimbo
                                We may want, but we do not NEED.
                                We don't need a female President just to have a female President. We especially don't need a black female President...
                                Yesterday, 07:33 AM
                              • Reply to We Don't NEED
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Perhaps it's time to think about scheduling one of Trump's cognitive tests? ...
                                Today, 01:08 PM
                              • Reply to What Would Your World Be Like ?
                                by Amflyer
                                If Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi were alive today, they would not think this meme to be in good taste. Shame on you. ...
                                Today, 01:04 PM
                              • What Would Your World Be Like ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                Have you thought about what your world would be like if you could not legally own a firearm ??...
                                Yesterday, 04:12 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X