Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An idea for dog handling gear. See first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea for dog handling gear. See first post.

An idea for dog handling gear. See first post.

One of the reasons I have eschewed e-collars is because I don’t want to be fumbling with trying to push buttons when I should have my hands on the gun. Therefore I use a whistle and good old-fashioned manual discipline to keep my dogs in range. It takes some time to get things perfected but I’m fortunate to have lots of that. Anyway, even though I don’t use e-collars it has occurred to me that a simple modification to their setup would make them much more practical. If it included a remote electronic whistle with a compression switch in the mouthpiece to buzz the dog with either shock or noise/vibration (selectable at the handheld unit). If they can make bluetooth technology to use with cell phones that are small enough to sit on the ear, seems it would be possible to make a whistle that could operate with a handheld transmitter. That way the handler could easily condition the dog to respond to the whistle or silently use its switch to summon the dog with pager/vibration mode. And it would leave the hands free to handle the gun.

Comment

This seems like a great idea I think that you are on to something.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad