Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just for the heck of it, tonight I took a look at the suggested servings size chart on the back of the dogfood bag (I need to ge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for the heck of it, tonight I took a look at the suggested servings size chart on the back of the dogfood bag (I need to ge

Just for the heck of it, tonight I took a look at the suggested servings size chart on the back of the dogfood bag (I need to get a new book!). Good grief! If I fed my hunting dogs that much I'd have to get them into the rig with a fork truck! What do you feed your hunting dogs and how much per day?

To put it in prospective Dogs are like people. Do you have a Lumber Jack Dog or a Sit At The Desk Dog. In many ways they regulate themselves. As long as their trim and active, they will find their own level. JMHO

Comment

PS; Presently I have two Shih Tzu's. Wonderful pups bred as watch dogs for the Queen of China by Eunuch's. Make your own joke. The only thing that bothers me is the little meals in a can my wife buys them is 3x the price of chicken cutlets.

Comment

Taste of the wild - 1 1/2 cups morning and night. Grain free and healthy, but still getting what she needs. Our vet, (very capable) says she is in excellent health, and one of the more athletic labs she has ever seen.

Comment

Carl- I once successfully bred a bull dog and a Shih Tzu- I called it a bull shiht

Comment

I feed the two labs (they weigh exactly seventy pounds each) about 300 grams twice a day. That's a bit more than half of one of those yogurt tubs (my daughter eats the stuff). That's about 1ΒΌ cups morning and evening. When they are hunting hard I'll give them an extra helping in the middle of the day. I bounce around between Pedigree and some of the Purina products. Pearl sometimes gets fussy if she's working hard and it can be difficult to get her to eat without adding an egg or a bit of milk. She is ALWAYS a very trim dog. She eats the Purina stuff better so I switch around. The Brittany weighs half as much as the labs but her metabolism is three times more accelerated so she usually gets about the same dose as the big dogs.

Carl, you keep those dogs on that greasy canned crap and they won't have any teeth left by the time they're five or six years old.

Comment

2 cups a day (1 morning, 1 evening) for my pup. He's about a 45lbs GSP mix.

Comment

1.5 cups of Eukanuba 2x per day for the big dawgs. Maybe an extra handful midday if hunting. Both fat on that much!

Comment

p-h-w; We are attempting to breed one of those rich people mutts with my son's Boxer. We will see if we can get a Box O Shiht

Comment

For my lab and golden (80+ lbs each) we feed them almost 2 cups twice per day (morning, evening)of Blue Buffalo large breed.

Comment

FYI~Procter & Gamble owns IMEs & Eukanuba they are in bed with HSUS(Humane Society of the United States) They are Anti-Gun,Anti-Hunting just sayen

Blue Buffalo was the feed for My Golden Lab...RIP

Comment

Sorry She was Snake Bit.

Comment

A lot depends on the individual dog. Some keep easily and some don't. Opal is a bit smaller than Pearl and she gets chunky easily. Pearl just stays the same lean looking dog no matter what. And she is not at all nervous or high strung. Metabolism rates vary and one must try to make the adjustment to feed and exercise to meet each dog's needs. Pay no attention to what they put on the dog food labels!

Comment

Our Walker gets about 4 cups

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                              by 99explorer
                              Moncef Slaoui, the top scientist advising the US government's Operation Warp Speed, predicted that more than 100 million Americans would be vaccinated...
                              Today, 04:34 PM
                            • Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                              by Ontario Honker Hunter
                              New cases and hospitalizations ballooned this week in several states including Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Mississippi. Hospitals in Houston are...
                              06-24-2020, 09:09 PM
                            • Reply to The Spam here is insane...
                              by Ernie
                              Yes, it takes a certain temperament, to be a moderator. But the ridiculous amount of spam on this site is embarrassing
                              Today, 04:31 PM
                            • The Spam here is insane...
                              by Ernie
                              With no one here deleting the spammers, this forum has gone to the dogs/spammers.
                              I enjoy the folks here, but with no one to reign in the spammers...
                              10-16-2020, 01:51 PM
                            • Reply to The Spam here is insane...
                              by FirstBubba
                              Ernie, I've joined a couple of "sites" that has "on forum moderators".
                              Sadly, I'm the one who got censored for a very innocuous...
                              Today, 04:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X