Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been asked by a non-hunter if you've "caught" a deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work with a lot of ladies who ask me this, it is funny, I dont laugh at them anymore, I just kinda correct them and then tell them to jopin me for lunch and I will tell them about the catch of the day! I think I'm going to make venison taco salad this week so they can eat some of the "catch" "He that does not ask, shall never know"

Comment

When a non-hunter ask, if you've "caught" a deer? I say yes, I did, tried to practice catch-and-release, but it wouldn't leave so I brought it home.. It is amazing how little the non-hunting public knows about hunting.. Most people believe it is something that happens very far away in the mountains!!!

Comment

Many times...sometimes I feel like saying "ya with a lassoo!"

Dosen't bother me I know what they're getting at.

Comment

my city friend ask me that all the time did ya catch one i tell em every time i dont catch em i kill em what do they think we are all out there with fishing poles

Comment

all the time. My great uncle Jerry doesn't hunt and he doesn't think it is a good thing for me to be involved in, but he always asks me how I did, and He is always happy for me when I'm successful. He uses the phrase catch, and every time I correct him saying that I killed it.

Comment

When I lived in the deep South many people used that term in regard to hunting.I used to say yup then I shot it. It was jusr a local thing.

Comment

It pays to be kind.

Comment

I just give them a straight answer. They don't mean anything negative by the question and most folks don't like to be corrected, much less be made fun of.

Comment

My mom says that all the time. She's an old lady & she grew up around fishermen, but not too many hunters. I gave up correcting her a long time ago.

Comment

People ask me that all the time. It's just hilarious. Some people just don't get it. Really makes me laugh.

Comment

I say "do you really think I'm fast enough to catch a running deer? I had to kill it before I could even get close!"

Comment

My wife asks me that which I think is humorous because both me all my family and her Dad all hunt and I have corrected her a couple of times but usually smile and say nope not today.

Comment

All the time! We joke about it often and i ask my hunting buddies the same thing! We laugh, and laugh, and laugh...

Comment

I was asked that by a lady at taco bell.

Comment

Always say yes, and invite them to go snipe hunting.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad