Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been asked by a non-hunter if you've "caught" a deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been asked by a non-hunter if you've "caught" a deer?

Have you ever been asked by a non-hunter if you've "caught" a deer?

Wow ya i have, this year I had a lady whom I rarely talk to come up to me and ask that question. I contained my laughter until she walked away. This is usually a instant dead giveaway that this person hasn't ever been hunting. Lol good post

Comment

One time I was asked if I was a hunter, I said yep. Then I told him that I was a good hunter because I shoot and release all the deer!!! He thought I was serious!! Man what an idiot tree hugger, I busted out laughing when he walked away.

Comment

My mom sometimes asks "did you catch anything?" just for fun when i get back from hunting, but Ive never been asked that question seriously.

Comment

no i haven't but my dad did from some weird lady saw we had hunter orange i went to one part of the store when i cam back over to him and they were really in a deep discussion i asked him what was going on and he told me that she asked if we caught deer for a liveing

Comment

ha yea i usually just smile and say no but when they leave i break out laughing so hard. oh i love that question!

Comment

no, cause where i live just about everybody has been huntin.

Comment

i have a friend whose a nonhunter, shes not opposed to it but she doesnt hunt, she likes the jerky i make so i sent her a picture of the doe i shot and told her it had jerky writen all over it, her reply " ew you didnt shoot that did u" my reply" no i jumped out of the tree stand, landed on its back and broke its neck" she got a pretty good laugh at it.

Comment

i would burst out laughing if that ever did happen to me!

Comment

When i shot my doe (that i never found sadly) my hunting buddy called his house to say he would be back late and his sister in law asked if we caught one and he said "no but we shot one"

Comment

Like the others, I used to think it was funny, but as time went by, I learned that it was better to correct them, and they appreciated the explanation behind the difference in terminology. A lesson in how to win friends and influence people.

Comment

My great grandma asks me all the time

Comment

Yea.. by everyone. Ex-gf, sister, friends. It's ridiculous

Comment

Only by the ignorant amongst us and furriners.

Comment

Yep !
                              I just laugh and say "catch",not till after I've "shot" them !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad