Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, i know this question has been asked many many times before but what do you do in a tree stand when you know it's going to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, i know this question has been asked many many times before but what do you do in a tree stand when you know it's going to be

Ok, i know this question has been asked many many times before but what do you do in a tree stand when you know it's going to be a long hunt? this thursday I'm planning on going hunting from 11 until dark and with the moon reflecting off the snow i could be there until 6:30. What would you do with 7 1/2 hours?

Take a book to read and look up every half page. Take some Tylenol with you for when your back starts to hurt from being in the same position for a long period. Take snacks and water and a pee bottle depending on your opinion on whether human urine spooks deer. If you're lucky and make all these preparations, the big buck will pop out in the first thirty minutes---we hope. Good luck to you.

Comment

I would double-check the legal shooting hours in your location, as it is possible that you may have to clip some time off at the end of your intended watch, even if visibility is still good with the reflected moonlight off the snow.
      This sounds like a "Hunters' Moon" situation, discussed on this site a while back.

Comment

bring snacks and some energy drinks, keep eyes open and hope you see something.

Comment

i always take a book to read or a small hand held which can keep you occupied for awhile

Comment

dress warm, bring snacks. Like 99 said, i don't think hunting by moonlight is legal anywhere. Shooting times are usually in relation to sunrise and sunset, regardless of visibility.

Comment

definately dress warm! if you're not warm, you won't stay long. a good book and spending time with a range finder if you have one may kill a little time. this year i was sitting in a thicket and started messing with my GPS out of boredom and found a lot of things i didn't know about it. that killed a couple hours by itself. just not the best time to learn about those things but it helped.

Comment

I usually take a book or two along and read. At times I have surfed the Web on my Blackberry but I really prefer not to see a computer in the tree stand.

Comment

I NORMALLY TAKE A SMALL HAND HELD GAME LIKE YATZEE, POKER, GOLF, ECT. THAT I CAN PLAY WITH NO SOUND. YOU CAN ALSO READ. I OFTEN DON'T EVEN USE ANYTHING I JUST ENJOY NATURE AND WATCHING THE BIRDS AND OTHER ANIMALS KEEPS ME OCCUPIED.

Comment

video poker is awesome

Comment

Drink coffee, pee in a bottle and wait. Drink coffee, pee some more in the bottle and wait. Drink coffee, eat snacks, pee in a bottle and wait. Take a big bottle to hold pee!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Shake it
                        by fitch270
                        Let’s be honest, the pants made the makeover.

Hadn’t heard the news, knew she was an advocate for Breast Cancer...
                        Today, 05:56 PM
                      • TGIF; Shake it
                        by fitch270
                        Don’t have to explain it do I?

08-03-2022, 08:11 AM
                      • Reply to Gun Values
                        by MattM37
                        Something tells me that my Ranger single-shot .22 with the busted trigger guard probably ain't it....
                        Today, 05:51 PM
                      • Gun Values
                        by jhjimbo
                        08-06-2022, 08:00 PM
                      • Reply to TGIF; Shake it
                        by PigHunter
                        I agree, "Hopelessly Devoted" is a great song. Here's a before and after of Olivia's makeover in Grease. Unfortunately, I tend to go for the...
                        Today, 05:38 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X