Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are pecans good bait for squirrels?

are pecans good bait for squirrels?

Yes but at $6 to $8 a pound thet would be quite expensive. Pecan Groves make a great place to squirrel hunt when the nuts are on the trees or have just fallen. I killed my first squirrel in such a place 43 years ago!

Comment

well i have a pecan tree behind my house so i just go back there and pick up like 15 pds of them its at least 100 years old the tree

Comment

ya they will work great just sit out back and watch for squirrels on the tree

Comment

ok thanks i bow hunt squirrels with a field point for practice...practice makes perfect

Comment

Field points are not good for squirrels you should get some judo points or blunts. Field points pass thru without doing much damage. I have had squirrels get away after a field point arrow passed thru the body. You will loose fewer arrows too.

Comment

pecans are expensive, I buy the large 50 pound bag of sunflower seeds and put about a half coffee can full out and they go crazy over it!

Comment

aren't the pictures of squirrels always with nuts in there mouth?

Pecan is a nut.......

Comment

Yes, squirrels love pecans and they will come from everywhere when they are in.

Comment

Squirrels love pecans. They usually remember where the trees are.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• For Sale (Used) DJ Equipment Pioneer CDJ-3000 Professional DJ multi player $500
                      by mnsolmen
                      Selling (Used. Second Hand) DJ Equipment Pioneer

Equipment is 100% fully functional Original. An Excellent Condition 85%

No...
                      Today, 08:57 PM
                    • Reply to Just Right
                      by 99explorer
                      Because guns never wear out, the manufacturers need a reason for customers to buy new guns, and new cartridges serve that need.
                      Sometimes it works,...
                      Today, 08:51 PM
                    • Just Right
                      by jhjimbo
                      Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years...
                      Yesterday, 04:59 PM
                    • Reply to TGIF; Armageddon
                      by FirstBubba
                      The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Lyrics

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                      Of the big lake they called Gitche...
                      Today, 08:07 PM
                    • TGIF; Armageddon
                      by fitch270
                      Not sure how this week will play out, the idea just came to mind.

Nickelback

“If Today Was Your Last Day”

Today, 07:11 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X