Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had a doe come out yesterday 10 yards from me I watched her mill around for minute she was looking the other way and I went to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a doe come out yesterday 10 yards from me I watched her mill around for minute she was looking the other way and I went to

I had a doe come out yesterday 10 yards from me I watched her mill around for minute she was looking the other way and I went to turn the gun around I may have got the gun 1 inch off my lap didnt make a sound and she turn and looked right at me I froze she stomped her feet at me and I watched her nostrils flare out as she snorted and blew at me she turned and ran in the woods about 20 yards and sat there and snorted and blew even more for the next 4-5 minutes but when I hit the grunt call she instantly turned and walked straight away from snortin and blowin the whole time I thought the grunt would have pulled her back out in the field wasn’t the first time I have been busted and as much as I would like that to be the last it probably wont be just thought I would share that story so now tell me your story about being busted by a deer and what you did to pull em back in range

Well in Corsicana Tx. i was hunting and Right at 47 yards an absolute monster of a buck walked out. 11 point with a drop tine. He scored around 170. As i was pulling out my gun. (and i was extremely cautious) i made no noise and no sudden movements. but he snapped around and was gruntin at me. I was absolutly still. i didnt move an inch. And he ran off. So i was patient, I grunted a few times and then rattled the horns and sure enough he came a runnin! At this point i was shocked and shaking so bad i could hardly hold the gun still! So i aimed and squeezed the trigger and he dropped instantly. Thats the only time that i ever called in a spooked deer.

Comment

A group of does came in behind me. I was in some bushes in a makeshift ground blind. The lead doe started stomping and snorting. Figured I was busted so decided to have some fun. I grunted back at her. She stomped and came in closer to investigate. I shook the bushes and grunted. She ran away but then came back. The other does just stood there the entire time with quizzical looks on their faces. This had to go on for over 30 minutes. I finally just started laughing, but it still took a moment before they all bounded away with tails flashing.

Similar scenarios have happened a few times ... but only when I don't have a doe tag.

Comment

I missed a buck with my bow, it snorted an ran off and then stopped. I gave a couple light grunts, and the buck headed right back in, unfortunatly without a clear shot.

Comment

This year I had a 140-150 class buck while bow hunting 100 yards away feeding. I grunted several times, but only seemed to get the attention of two smaller bucks. That is when I tried a snort wheeze with my mouth. It worked, but not the way I wanted. It seemed to piss the larger buck off, and he proceeded to chase of all of the smaller bucks. He came to 48 yards three times, with each time him darting to chase of the smaller bucks. I never got a shot at him with my bow, but it was awesome to watch.

Comment

you ever been hunting and you know the deer never did see or hear you but they look right at you its crazy how some animals just know that something is there

Comment

worst was when i really wanted to get a doe and we had been in the stand for 10 mins and so i started grunting at them and scared em away they didn't come back but i got a shot at another one never found it

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Driverless Cars
                by DakotaMan
                I agree Fitch as I've done both (planes & trains). Threat detection and collision avoidance is actually much more complex in three dimensional space....
                Today, 08:47 AM
              • Driverless Cars
                by jhjimbo
                Driverless cars might not recognize motorcycles....
                08-06-2022, 07:40 PM
              • Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                by rock rat
                Lab usually nutcases don't make it past the first couple questions of pollsters, and while they do poll for geographic diversity, asking questions about...
                Today, 08:42 AM
              • FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                by rock rat
                Former US President Donald Trump has said his Florida home is being raided by the FBI.

Mr Trump said in a statement Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach...
                08-08-2022, 07:39 PM
              • Reply to Hhs
                by 99explorer
                Does that include the presidential suite?
                Yesterday, 11:40 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X