Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think goes to more places that a hunter would go to? Survivorman or man vs. wild? I watch both but was wondering wha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think goes to more places that a hunter would go to? Survivorman or man vs. wild? I watch both but was wondering wha

Who do you think goes to more places that a hunter would go to? Survivorman or man vs. wild? I watch both but was wondering what one was more useful to me as a hunter and fisherman.

I think Les Stroud was more practical, he even did an expedition with horses, and another in which he simulated a hunting buddy and himself getting lost. Many of his shows had him in the US getting "lost." His advice is very practical and he was actually surviving.

Comment

thanks pumakitchen

Comment

I dont think either are very useful for real outdoorsmen/women. The things they do are so over the top you run a greater risk of injuring yourself. They are always running around scaling down cliffs and walking across thin ice on a pond. They could always just walk an extra mile to get around those obstacles slowly and more importantly safely. The last thing you want to do when you are lost is get injured. The shows are entertaining by not practical and useful.

Comment

I like Bear Grylls, but he is little too Extreme! Like drinking your own pee! Sleeping in a hollowed-out Carcass Hide to stay warm...

Comment

Bear Grylls does some amazing and entertaining stuff, but stuff that would get an ordinary person killed. Using a pole, to pole vault down cliffs into Hells Canyon? Going into caves with a handmade torch to try and go under a mountain instead of around it to save time? Etc... Not a good Idea. Les seems more practical and less playing for the camera. If you want to survive in the wilderness, the best bet is to always take what you need, get the best gear you can afford, and practice using it when your life is not depending on it.

Comment

Oh and I forgot, eating fruit out of bear poop, I know your name is Bear, but come on, I would rather starve. Also I would think that would be a good way to get some nasty viruses, bacterias, and parasites.

Comment

Survivorman. Bear Grylls of Man vs. Wild just shows you how to get out of stick situations. Although I think some information is good to know as a hunter.

Comment

Man vs. Wild is best for GET ME OUT NOW WHATEVER IT TAKES experiences. Surviver Man is more laid back but doesn't show you the way out

Comment

Man vs Wild is very fun to watch, but goes too extreme. Les Stroud is more relative to us i think.

Comment

les- hunting, Baer- fishing

Comment

les- hunting, Baer- fishing

Comment

I don't think either would actually be very useful. Man vs. Wild is deffinately cooler though.

Comment

Agreed with pumakitchen answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad