Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best slug to shoot out of my fully rifled 12 gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best slug to shoot out of my fully rifled 12 gauge?

What is the best slug to shoot out of my fully rifled 12 gauge?

I'm a big fan of Remmington ammo, can't go wrong if you ask me...

Comment

I had an unique opportunity to hunt with a world renowned shotgun hunter. He hunted all over the world for big game and he hunted only with a shotgun. He shot the brenneke saboted slugs. Of course this was years ago and there could be better ones now.

Comment

I like to use remington copper solids. The fully bonded sabots are pricey and I have not seen much difference in accuracy betwen them and the regular copper solids.

Comment

I've got an H&R 12 gauge slug gun and it likes Remington Copper Solids and Hornadays. I bought 4 different brands and compared em. I hear guys talk about the Winchester Supreme's and Lightfields also. I think it depends on the gun. Some guns like different things. If you can afford it buy a few different brands, and a bore snake is also nice. I gave my barrel a couple of minutes in between shots to cool and ran the bore snake through it. I think that helps give you a better test of brands.

Comment

Saboted slugs will do best, but you'll have to determine which ones your gun likes. Buy several different loads and makes, get a sandbag and a target. Shoot till you figure it out or your shoulder gets sore. repeat.

Comment

Differt guns like different slugs. I use Winchester Supreme Partition Golds. That is a 44 caliber 385 gr. hollow-point bullet coming really fast out of a 12 gauge.

Comment

I like the Remington Ammo myself!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad