Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok so family has been asking me what i want for Christmas...hunting and shooting gear, but its kinda expensive for someone to bu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so family has been asking me what i want for Christmas...hunting and shooting gear, but its kinda expensive for someone to bu

Ok so family has been asking me what i want for Christmas...hunting and shooting gear, but its kinda expensive for someone to buy for me and im having trouble giving them ideas...any ideas with out breaking the pocket book, and no gift cards. thanks

For my birthday, my kids made me a "grab-bag" full of hunting stuff- little LED flashlight, SmartWool socks, polar-fleece mask, etc and a MN state hunting regs book! Same could be done in the form of "stocking stuffers".

Comment

if your a bow hunter: a rattle bag $20, a buck growl 36$, The can doe bleat $12, a tree stand $70-$300 if your a gun hunter: grunt call $20, a new scope, tripod that help?

Comment

A decent compass is a good gift, a hunting knife or pocket knife. Flashlights or shooting sticks are a few cheap gifts. I just bought a couple boot-dryers for $30 as gifts.

Comment

Merino wool socks are always nice to have around the house or the deer camp for those cold days in my opinion.

Comment

Instead of gear, why not snacks? Maybe books?

Comment

I BELIEVE IN THE DIRECT APPROACH IN THESE CASES..YOU SAID ,(GIVING THEM IDEAS)ASSUMING WIFE AND KIDS.YOU COULD GIVE YOUR WIFE A BASIC LIST OF THINGS YOU WOULD LIKE AND SHE MOST LIKELY WILL BE TAKING THE KIDS SHOPPING FOR YOU AND SHE CAN STEER THEM SO TO SPEAK FROM AFAR..AND VICE VERSA. AND YOU BOTH GET FOR THE MOST PART WHAT YOU LIKE OR NEED.ITS A PRETTY GOOD METHOD AND YOU DONT END UP WITH 2 RATTLE BAGS OR 2 GRUNT CALLS AND SO FORTH..GLASSMAN

Comment

Reconsider the gift cards and/or certificates. I've already asked for gift certificates from Midway, Cabela's and Brownell. That way, I'm assured of choosing something I can actually use.

Comment

I realized there's a whole series of things like turkey calls, strikers, more expensive plugs/spoons, etc. that I may want more of or an upgrade from my modest batch. So consider that, maybe not something new, but an upgrade of something you already have. Maybe a shooting bag that's seen better days or just boxes of shells if you spend a lot of time at the range.

Comment

Ducks Unlimited ball cap in Advantage Max-4. These are a very high quality cap and less than ten bucks. For a few bucks more it can be embroidered with your name over the adjustment strap at just about any custom T-shirt shop.

Comment

How about magazine subscriptions or memberships in NRA, NWTF, Buck Masters, etc?

Comment

Im getting a couple of new turkey decoys.

Comment

I agree with Edward about reconsidering the gift cards.

If you have a nice place near you, you could then get to walk around, touch, and try on what you might want.

If money is tight right now, the $50 card can help you get that $100 (thing) later.

Comment

The indispensible cheaper things to have: LED headlamps (mine is a princeton-tec aurora that cost 11 bucks, runs off 3 AAA batteries, and I feel naked without it come dark.) Pink or orange flagging rolls -- best to get the photodegradable stuff, in case you leave some out in the woods. Wool socks, as mentioned above. The fairly cheap handwarmer muffs that strap around your waist. Folding saw -- maybe around 10 bucks? They don't last long, but they can be pretty cheap and handy to have for camping or hunting. The new Eton hand-crank am/fm radio and weather radio/flashlight/cell charger with the solar panel is about 20 bucks on some sites. I'm finding latex gloves to be pretty handy for deer butchering as well. 550 parachute cord is a handy thing to keep around as well -- boot laces, hanging things in camp, etc.

Comment

pheasant forever membership great idea
                              picture frames deer etc
                              earplugs
                              hats
                              under amour
                              hope it helps

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Here We Go Again
                                by jhjimbo

Note that some links may require registration or subscription.

A newly identified virus -- Langya henipavirus (LayV) -- already has...
                                Today, 10:49 AM
                              • Reply to Putin Joke
                                by rock rat

Nice airfield they had in Crimea. Too bad if something were to happen to it....
                                Today, 10:32 AM
                              • Putin Joke
                                by rock rat
                                Putin joke
                                Putin dies and goes to hell, but after a while, he is given a day off for good behavior.

So he goes to Moscow, enters a...
                                05-08-2022, 04:45 PM
                              • Reply to topic
                                by fitch270
                                It’s all in fun Jim. Thing is the thread was dead for two days until you resurrected it by quoting me, it really took off after that.
                                Today, 10:01 AM
                              • topic
                                by jhjimbo
                                08-06-2022, 08:29 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X