Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im going to get my bow in a package deal so I need to know what else I need for success in bowhunting. I have daypacks, binocs,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im going to get my bow in a package deal so I need to know what else I need for success in bowhunting. I have daypacks, binocs,

im going to get my bow in a package deal so I need to know what else I need for success in bowhunting. I have daypacks, binocs, etc. i plan on getting a new tree stand, rubber boots. what else will I need?

patience

Comment

patience

Comment

Did you get a release with that package? Or will you be shooting fingers? Broadheads, a 3-D target for practicing, a trail cam does not hurt, etc... Best of luck, practice, and be safe.

Comment

Also will arrows be included? you'll want at bare minimum half a dozen id recommend a dozen if your begining... you might mess a few up, also practice tips in the same weight as your broadheads

Comment

A good camo pattern for the specific area you will be hunting in is always a "must have".

Comment

scent lock is a must i recomend full body suit. also a mesh face mask, nothing spooks a deer like a pair of eyes looking back at them.

Comment

deer hunterkid, you need deer for success. good luck.

Comment

Everyone else has listed everything I can think of...well maybe a rangefinder. But a release, and new arrows, the ones that come in the package deal are normally not that great, plus they wont be the correct length normally to begin with. Go to an archery shop and have them fit you for a dozen arrows. They will be glad to have some business this time of year.

Comment

Practice, patience and a good sittin spot.

Comment

I would suggest getting a good rangefinder until you learn distances from your stand

Comment

LED headlamp. Flagging or t.p. for tracking purposes. For just getting started, I'd skimp on the camo expenses and get a cheap rangefinder. If you are getting treestands -- I'd splurge on a climber (lone wolf hand climber or sit and climb) rather than a summit for ease of use, and ease of transport. Unless you spend a lot of money (over 100 bucks) most chain-on and strap on stands are about the same -- don't pay more than 50 bucks for that type of stand. Spend the money on GOOD screw-ins, like those with a longer step. In the last four years, the best things I've purchased are my $10 princeton tech aurora headlamp (cabelas sells 'em cheap every so often), the $280 on the hand climber last year, the $10 I spent on a handwarmer muff, and the Danner SuperRainforests that I've worn every day for the last 15 monthes ($300 bucks, but I'm a forester, so it's kind of a work expense).

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to SCOTUS in action!
                          by Pmacc60
                          Trouble here 99 is that it isn’t protected by the constitution with this courts decision ! However I feel about it or you for that matter , abortion...
                          Today, 06:43 AM
                        • SCOTUS in action!
                          by FirstBubba
                          SCOTUS has overturned Roe vs Wade and Casey vs Planned Parenthood.

Hot time in DC tonight.
                          The (d)'s just thought 1/6 was a big deal!...
                          06-24-2022, 11:13 AM
                        • Reply to You guys are sleeping
                          by Pmacc60
                          I so agree and want to add that these politicians have no idea of what it took to form this republic ! They have no understanding of the trust we must...
                          Today, 05:53 AM
                        • You guys are sleeping
                          by fitch270
                          Can’t believe I’m posting this first.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna17721
                          06-23-2022, 11:54 AM
                        • Reply to SCOTUS in action!
                          by labrador12
                          The Penumbra to rule them all, eh Snowhole! The Constitution spoke to that earlier Court and told them that contrary to all thought and morality, murder...
                          Today, 02:02 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X