Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want a well priced rifle in the $450 and under range. I am just going to use it for Whitetails and cayotes. What should I buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a well priced rifle in the $450 and under range. I am just going to use it for Whitetails and cayotes. What should I buy?

I want a well priced rifle in the $450 and under range. I am just going to use it for Whitetails and cayotes. What should I buy?

270 remmington

Comment

there is a good variety of guns you could but, depends if you want to but them new or used. personally i would choose a remington 243 or a 22 250.

Comment

Reminington model 700. I would go for a 243 or a 270. Good gun, good price!

Comment

I would look for a Remington 740, 7400 760 7600 in 30-06. You can use larger bullets 150-165-180 grain for deer and drop down to 125 grain bullets for coyotes. If you look a little bit you can usually find these guns for around 300 to 350 bucks. They are light, fast handeling and very accurate. You just cannot beat the 30-06's versatility. Unless you buy two guns.

Comment

Marlin XL7 is getting good press in F&S.
            Not to disagree with above, but to add 25-06, 260Rem, 7mm-08, 27oWin, 280Rem, .308Win.
            I have a .243Win and a 30-06Spr, so I would use the .243 for coyotes and the 30-06 for elk, if I hunted for them. I would use either for deer.

Comment

hornady lever evolution is doing some great things with the trusty old 30-30. you could by a great used marlin 336 for that price. i would be interested to know if you have found many new rifles that are that affordable. good luck.

Comment

My wifes cousin just bought one of those savage combo deals. It is well priced and it is a straight shooting gun. If you want to shoot coyotes with it and the biggest game you are going after is deer I'd get a 243 or a 25-06. Personnally I'd get the 243 just because it seems like ammo is available in more places.

Comment

Buy a Savage 110/111 or the Marlin XL7 in .25/06, .270, 7mm/08, .308, or .30-06

Comment

$450 and under Remington 700? Good luck...

Savage, Marlin, and Tikka will outshoot them and cost you less.

Marlin XS7 .243 or 7mm-08 for under $400. In camo even. Would be great for those yotes and their evil eyes. .25-06 would be a perfect caliber in the XL7, but Marlin has said they had problems with getting MOA or Sub-MOA accuracy (like the rest of their bolt guns do) with that caliber. The .270's shoot very well, though.

Comment

remington 700 .30-06 synthetic stock, 3x9 scope. i shoot hornady 165 grain

Comment

To the "Remington" people - Asked for UNDER 450.00 not OVER (lol).
                        Savage has some NICE package deals(rifle/scope combo's) that will fit the bill here.
                        Lots of choice's too !

Comment

Remington .270, bolt action.

Comment

Sorry Remington addicts he said under $450. The 700 in its many formats is the most over priced rifle on the market.

Look at the Marlin HL7 in 25/06. You won't be sorry!
                            check out this month's Rifle Magazine for the review.

Comment

Beekeeper - YES! You are a full on genius. Like me ha ha.

Well...except that I hear that Marlin has had trouble with that great caliber. Shame. Oh well. Everything else they put out shoots excellently.

"Remington addicts" - HAHAHAHA.

Hey why is the sky blue? Remington 700.

Where can I buy cheap books? Remington 870.

What load should I use for deer? Remington.

JEEZUM. Drones.

Hey that's funny because drones are bees.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad