Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do so many peoples want to take away our gun rights

Why do so many peoples want to take away our gun rights

These people are ill informed and do not understand that guns do not kill people because if that was the case then matches cause arson. They just do not understand.

Comment

“There are some things the general public does not need to know and shouldn't. I believe democracy flourishes when the government can take legitimate steps to keep its secrets, and when the press can decide whether to print what it knows..”
      -Katherine Graham, owner of the Washington Post, to a class of CIA recruits in Langley, 1988-Nov

Comment

“If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.”
        -Joseph Stalin, from “Reply to the discussion on the Political Reports of the Central Committee”, Dec. 7, 1927. Stalin, Works, Vol. 10, p. 378

Comment

“False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm those only who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicide, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. They ought to be designated as laws not preventive but fearful of crimes, produced by the tumultuous impression of a few isolated facts, and not by thoughtful consideration of the inconveniences and advantages of a universal decree.”
          -Ceasare Beccaria, 18th century criminologist, in On Crimes and Punishments

Comment

“Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.”
            -Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the Los Angeles Times, 1992-Oct-15, commenting on the response of the Japanese public to government corruption

Comment

“a jack-booted group of fascists who are perhaps as large a danger to American society as I could pick today.”
              -Rep. John Dingell (D-MI) in 1983, describing the ATF

Comment

“the people I put in jail have more honor than the top administration in this organization.”
                -Bob Hoffman, ATF agent, to Mike Wallace, on 60 Minutes, 1993-Jan

Comment

“At first glance, it may seem odd or even perverse to suggest that statutory controls on the private ownership of firearms are irrelevant to the problem of armed crime: yet that is precisely what the evidence shows. Armed crime and violent crime generally are products of ethnic and social factors unrelated to the availability of a particular type of weapon. The number of firearms required to satisfy the crime market is minute, and these are supplied no matter what controls are instituted. Controls have had serious effect on legitimate users of firearms, but there is no case, either in the history of this country (Britain) or in the experience of other countries in which controls can be shown to have restricted the flow of weapons to criminals, or in any way reduce crime.”
                  -Chief Inspector Colins Greenwood, West Yorkshire Constabulary, Police Review, Britain after six months of study of firearms control systems at Cambridge University

Comment

Ignorance, people have completely lost touch with their history. People don't even know where their food comes from anymore. THe bigger the cities get, the further people drift from the reality of the world. People are afraid of what they don't understand.

Comment

Clay you must have one HELL of a libary or memory to be able to quote all of that. Either way I am very impressed!

Comment

I have to say lack of education, and influence of propganda by extremely wealthy politicians who envision the days of total control over the people. The problem is that as long as people have a way to defend themselves, the power hungry control freak politicians can't just march in and take over because they might be hurt or killed off.

Think about this, centuries ago the slaves taken from Africa were captured by men who had superior weaponry (muskets and steel) compared to the weapons the natives had (wooden bows, spears, rocks). Had the natives had the same or better weaponry centuries ago, slavery would have changed or become non existant from what history has shown us today.

And knowing this, there are still people who believe they are better than everyone else and everyone should bow down to them like slaves or servants. Fortunate for us, the day I bow down to someone and call them master is the day that I will never see, for I believe in freedom, and defending that freedom at all cost for not only myself, my friends, and family, but everyone now and future generations.

Comment

Clay, you are full of infinite quotes...On this note, I'm going to go buy another gun.

Comment

I don't think any one wants to take away your rights, they want to take away your guns, and i think it is out of fear and ignorance. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

People truly believe that the american people are not responsible enough with weapons.

Nate

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to What's going on in the cities?
                                by labrador12
                                Rochester NY has 14 shot at party, 2 deaths. NY Safe Act in action. Democrats just can't understand the relationship between the law abiding and the lawless....
                                Today, 09:38 AM
                              • What's going on in the cities?
                                by labrador12
                                If a white guy shot 12 children there would be hell to pay, and rightfully so. Chicago saw 101 shot this weekend, 14 fatally. Why is there no outrage?...
                                06-22-2020, 10:00 AM
                              • Reply to Rip -rbg
                                by FirstBubba
                                I don't think the GOP is a bunch of, "weak old ladies".
                                I think they're just trying to play by the rules, but dealing with a bunch of...
                                Today, 09:37 AM
                              • Rip -rbg
                                by fitch270
                                2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
                                Yesterday, 09:26 PM
                              • Reply to What's going on in the cities?
                                by labrador12
                                No. Rupert isn't opening this year. I'm booked for Sept 30th to Bellingham. The $ is outrageous. I hope the poop gets grouped a little better next year...
                                Today, 09:34 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X