Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use a light going to your treestand in the predawn darkness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes I do!

Leave a comment:

• BBD19
    replied
    Yes, I use a light to the tree and I don’t think the deer mind. Walking to a new location one morning I found out the hard way the deer were moving early. I could hear them moving so I sat on an old stump and could see multiple sets of eyeballs around me in the beam of light. They continued on there merry way without incident. Think about trail cams with flash... doesn’t scare the deer.

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    I'm with buckhunter. Sometimes I even have someone follow me to my stand, and leave once I get situated. This way, the deer see them leave and think the danger is gone.

Leave a comment:

• lovetohunt
    replied
    I do not use a light during bow season. But during gun season I do because there are a lot of hunters around me and I want them to know where I am.

Leave a comment:

• Pistolhunter
    replied
    flashlight dont hurt much,Its better than them hearing you without the light, for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• willkillsdeer
    replied
    i use a red LED head lamp but mostly for safety reasons

Leave a comment:

• herbie57_57
    replied
    I have a head lamp and a flashlight in my pack. But I usually don't use them except maybe getting into my stand.

Leave a comment:

• bomberpride
    replied
    Yes id do

Leave a comment:

• buck hunter 17
    replied
    i use a L.E.D. light. I like Clay coopers answer.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Usually don't. If I do, I use a red LED.

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    I need a light, if i don't use one to hit my reflectors i get lost and have to sit down till dawn. I am the WORST navigator in the dark, i have been hunting the same tree stand for 10+ years now and I still get disoriented and turned around on my way in. Getting out in the dark is no problem, the field is big and hard to miss but picking out the right tree in a forest of trees is so hard for me. I know others who could do it in their sleep, i wish i were one of them but sadly i am not and so I use a light or get lost.

Leave a comment:

• VT Outdoorsman
    replied
    It depends on how much moonlight/other light there is. Also depends on which stand, because some of them are in dark woods, while others are near a field edge.

Leave a comment:

• texasfirst
    replied
    I use my red-lens LED headlamp, but most mornings I don't even end up using it!!!

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    NO, I use a blind mans cane!

O"BROTHER, LOL

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    I use a headlamp with a red filter on it.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to COVID 19 “Super-spreader” !....
    by 99explorer
    lab-
    That would be classified information.
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
  • COVID 19 “Super-spreader” !....
    by bowhunter75richard
    The biden administration is now concerned that the UN General Assembly taking place in NYC, has the potential of being a super-spreader of the Covid virus...
    Yesterday, 07:29 AM
  • Reply to Target Practice
    by jhjimbo
    What is the current going price for American made 9mm 115gr box of 50 ? I just bought Remington 115gr Target ammo for $20. Is that a good price ?
    Yesterday, 11:20 PM
  • Target Practice
    by jhjimbo
    My Niece has been doing some shooting, 9mm and .22lr - doing very good. Shoots at a large indoor two level range. She has 2 pistols and already looking...
    09-17-2021, 07:51 PM
  • Reply to Vacating Afghanistan
    by jhjimbo
    Another useless post by the idiot. The U.S. legally turned the equipment over to the Afgan Army and Government, not just trained the Afgan on our equipment....
    Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X