Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hunt in areas that recieve a lot of attention. What are ways to keep people from climbing into my ladder stands. I also hunt s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hunt in areas that recieve a lot of attention. What are ways to keep people from climbing into my ladder stands. I also hunt s

I hunt in areas that recieve a lot of attention. What are ways to keep people from climbing into my ladder stands. I also hunt some what suburban areas so a way to keep kids off would be nice to. By the way signs dont work you would think people could read.

put a chain around the arm rests on the seat with a pad lock.

Comment

Put something sticky, stinky and ugly on the ladder. Of course you'll have to deal with it too, but you could combine that with bama's suggestion. Good luck.

Comment

Take the bottom steps out of your tree when you leave

Comment

So I understand it isn't nice and I have not done it but is it illegal to climb up a random tree stand on public land and hunt? I wonder what the laws are on private stuff on public land, anybody have any knowledge?

Comment

Get a climbing stand.

babsfish4life...as fas as I know, there's nothing illegal about it. However, we live in a time where common curtisy and honesty aren't exactly in high standing in society. Anyone who doesn't realize that by now is just plain ignorant.

If you're going to stand hunt on public land, the climber is the way to go!

Comment

id go with the climber invest in a light lone wolf and you wont need another stand ever again they work awesome.

Comment

In Michigan it is legal to use any treestand that is on public property. I'd at least attempt to prevent use, though. Not sure what would happen if someone used it and fell out. Lawyers will try to sue anyone they can. Best to stick with a climber or Tree Saddle.

Comment

Put camera by your stand to get evidence. Then you can warn them that if they don't stay off you will take it to the game warden.

Comment

I'm with these guys on the climbing stand. I have one and I would not do it any other way. Now you are hunting today and then out tomorrow monring, I would leave it there. I do that from time to time. Keeps me from having to carry it in and out. Also, if you have a climber, invest in a GamePlan Gear Treestand Support System for carrying it in and out of the woods. Best $50 I have spent.

Comment

Would that just be a bluff Christian? Sounds like you would be just asking to get your stand and camera stolen. Can a game warden do anything about it in your state?

Comment

I to hunt urban areas. I only use hang-on stands with removable ladder steps. Always lock your stand to the tree, it keeps a honest man honest. I have learned this the hard way. Hard to beat those fifty dollar hang-ons. Once you remove the steps it is hard to see, much less get into. I put the steps up each time I want to hunt.

Comment

Also find some more remote areas where you are hunting. Ask permission from the land owner. Fifty percent say yes you can.

Comment

Find one of the plastic Bloody feet or the bloody hands that you can buy around Holloween that people hang out of there car or truck doors. And have it stick out of some piled up leaves or pine straw at the ladder or somewhere noticable. LOL that would freak em out!!!!!!

Comment

One way is to take the bottom latter off and take it with you when you leave the stand. This usually puts the second latter at 6 feet or higher which makes it very difficult for anyone to get into your stand unless they bring a latter with them. Hope this will work for you.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad