• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    "... Of course I can always walk to the house and get more ammo. 😎 ..."

.....but will that 30 point buck still be standing there when you get back? 🤔
    If I missed three times he wasn’t standing there in the first place…..

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    "... Of course I can always walk to the house and get more ammo. 😎 ..."

.....but will that 30 point buck still be standing there when you get back? 🤔

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Grouse wouldn’t be nesting in November. But they can be curious, a couple years back a friend of mine had one that would fly up into the tree he had a stand in and come within arms reach. It got so it would follow him in.

I just load 3 into my 1895G, if that don’t do it something’s wrong. Of course I can always walk to the house and get more ammo. 😎

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    started a topic Gun Season

Gun Season

Deer gun season opens Monday for 11 days. Straight wall cartridges so I will use my Marlin .450Marlin. How many shells to carry ?
    I usually carry extra but minimum of 3. This year one guest is coming. If bad weather I can hunt closer to camp and warm up or dry off. A storm is heading this way but not expected to be too bad. I am still asking the guy to only take a doe - the bucks are doing good but can grow a little more. Shoot any coyote but not the foxes or other small game. Two years ago I was sitting below camp and a grouse kept pestering me. I must have been near her nest. Turkeys are also doing good.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Future of Energy
    by 99explorer
    I really think you guys ought to move to Australia.
    Yesterday, 10:36 PM
  • Future of Energy
    by jhjimbo
    It is a mixed bag going forward. Some refiners have closed and no new ones will be built (approved). Everything will be based on supply and demand....
    Yesterday, 08:14 AM
  • Reply to Future of Energy
    by bowhunter75richard
    The cost of energy is now becoming a very serious issue. Much of the present problem is a result of refineries closing down due to declining income. And...
    Yesterday, 09:19 PM
  • Reply to Buffalo Shooting
    by 99explorer
    When your gripes are many
    and your rewards are few,
    remember that the mighty oak
    was once a nut like you.
    Yesterday, 09:01 PM
  • Buffalo Shooting
    by jhjimbo
    18 yo goes into a grocery store dressed in body armor and tactical gear. Records everything as he shoots 13 people.
    Gov. Kathy Hochul jumped all...
    05-15-2022, 12:24 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X