• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to think about deer hunting

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mar;in 1894Mag  450 Marlin.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	781.3 KB
ID:	783277 Going to Camp to blow the dust off the table. Stock up on some things and check everything out. I also take my .17WSM to scout and maybe get a shot at a coyote - or anything else that presents itself. I also pack my Glock .40, you never know. I will be hunting Ohio this year Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1427.JPG
Size:	778.4 KB
ID:	783278 with my Marlin 1894Mag, .450Mag.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bigfoot.JPG Views:	0 Size:	907.9 KB ID:	783276
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-19-2021, 03:47 PM.

It’s been hot and humid for the most part this early fall , no one here in my family hunts too early but things are heating up.. Cool front passed through and some decent bucks are showing up on the cameras . Muzzle loader starts Thursday and the rut will be kicking in soon . These two guys showed up last two nights . Click image for larger version  Name:	7353560C-4EA0-48A8-BC50-1C05BDA4B523.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.9 KB ID:	783307 Click image for larger version  Name:	706FCA1D-B8A5-4D98-ADDB-911BD336F64A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	783308
    Last edited by Pmacc60; 10-19-2021, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
      It’s been hot and humid for the most part this early fall , no one here in my family hunts too early but things are heating up.. Cool front passed through and some decent bucks are showing up on the cameras . Muzzle loader starts Thursday and the rut will be kicking in soon . These two guys showed up last two nights . Click image for larger version Name:	7353560C-4EA0-48A8-BC50-1C05BDA4B523.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.9 KB ID:	783307 Click image for larger version Name:	706FCA1D-B8A5-4D98-ADDB-911BD336F64A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	783308
      You have a good gene pool going there. Are you well enough to hunt?

Comment

Well enjoy I will be working my ass off this season. But it’s for a better future for my wife and I.

Comment

Nice looking bucks there pmacc60!
          Hope you or one of yours gets a chance at one of them.
          Like milldawg, my season is pretty much a bust, but I'm hoping to get out at least once or twice.
          So maybe all isn't TOTALLY lost!

Comment

Very nice bucks mildawg, I would be happy to stick a arrow just behind the front leg of either ! Good luck in your attempts to do one in.........

My bad Pmacc, this was to be addressed to you, not mildawg. Sorry ol’ chap !
            Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 10-20-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
              It’s been hot and humid for the most part this early fall , no one here in my family hunts too early but things are heating up.. Cool front passed through and some decent bucks are showing up on the cameras . Muzzle loader starts Thursday and the rut will be kicking in soon . These two guys showed up last two nights . Click image for larger version Name:	7353560C-4EA0-48A8-BC50-1C05BDA4B523.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.9 KB ID:	783307 Click image for larger version Name:	706FCA1D-B8A5-4D98-ADDB-911BD336F64A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	783308

They could use another year or two.

😜

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Mar;in 1894Mag  450 Marlin.JPG
Size:	781.3 KB
ID:	783277 Going to Camp to blow the dust off the table. Stock up on some things and check everything out. I also take my .17WSM to scout and maybe get a shot at a coyote - or anything else that presents itself. I also pack my Glock .40, you never know. I will be hunting Ohio this year Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1427.JPG
Size:	778.4 KB
ID:	783278 with my Marlin 1894Mag, .450Mag.

Click image for larger version Name:	bigfoot.JPG Views:	0 Size:	907.9 KB ID:	783276
                I'm surprised you have any deer on that property with Bigfoot running around.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

I'm surprised you have any deer on that property with Bigfoot running around.
                  Two years ago within 50 yds of camp I found 6 deer skeltons.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Two years ago within 50 yds of camp I found 6 deer skeltons.
                    You're going to have to start dragging your leavin's a little further from camp, mi amigo! 😉

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to MichiganSchool Shooting
                      by labrador12
                      Mom and her son were videoed at a range shooting the firearm. It was labeled mom and son shooting his early Christmas present. Obviously the parents are...
                      Today, 03:15 PM
                    • MichiganSchool Shooting
                      by jhjimbo
                      It was reported today the parents of the 15yo shooter were in School THAT MORNING meeting with teachers and administration about the behavior of the shooter....
                      Yesterday, 10:53 PM
                    • Reply to TGIF; Game On
                      by FirstBubba
                      Game.

The Stanley Brothers - "Old Rattler"

https://youtu.be/97x7tIMe2oc
                      Today, 02:55 PM
                    • TGIF; Game On
                      by fitch270
                      Who’s in?

Kansas

”Play the Game Tonight”

Yesterday, 09:21 PM
                    • Reply to Omicron
                      by Danbo
                      CNN is an unreliable news source, you're better off getting your news from Info Wars or Banned. Video.

It reportedly has very mild symptoms....
                      Today, 02:52 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X