Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey guys what is your farthest shoot with a 22.lr? what gun/ammo mine was a head shot wood chuck from 115 yards with my bolt act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys what is your farthest shoot with a 22.lr? what gun/ammo mine was a head shot wood chuck from 115 yards with my bolt act

hey guys what is your farthest shoot with a 22.lr? what gun/ammo mine was a head shot wood chuck from 115 yards with my bolt action marlin with a brasaka scope and a cci hollow point

mine is i picked a medowlark off a fence post at around 100 yards with a rem targetmaster single shot with winchester hollow points

Comment

75 yds, open sights, crappy ruger 10/22, hit the squirrel square below the ear, knocked him out of the tree. It was a total lucky shot. i used remington thunderbolts

Comment

3 shots all at 100 yards at a running woodchuck idk the ammo. I know it sounds far-fetched but even I was suprised when i paced it off, and i had missed him a few times b4 and he wasnt getting away this time which he didnt

Comment

all were hits too

Comment

Mine was a fox squirrel standing on the ground in the edge of a wheat field at 80 yds. Hard crosswind was blowing and hit him between the eyes with my Marlin mdl 39 and Remington high velocity ammo.

Comment

50-100 yards at a rabbit.

Comment

Beaver, 80 yards in the back of the head with open sights. Winchester 190, CCI mini mag solid point. I was 16.

Comment

Beaver, 80 yards, back of the head. Winchester 190, CCI mini mag solid point. 16 years old.

Comment

Those are all some great shots, i think anything approaching a hundred yards is long for a .22. Having made a 70+ yd kill on a rabbit with a Pellet gun, I know these are possible

Comment

70 yards with a pelet gun? nice! i shot a woodchuck off my porch from around 30+yds but there tuff little buggers took two head shots before he went down

Comment

shot a crow at 90 yards with a ruge 10/22. using remington thunderbolts. Shot him right in the side, he flew up about ten feet then fell.

Comment

Big ass woodchuck at 145 yards with a ruger 77/22. Had a 3x9 bushnell on it. Used Winchester .22 WMR ammo

Comment

70 yards with the Rabbit!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad