Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am going to be using bait for deer. It is legal to bait where i am hunting and i was wondering what i should use pumpkins or c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time2be
    replied
    I would not use them but one hunting trip a buddy of mine took me to see a bunch of bananas someone had put out.

Leave a comment:

• coho310
    replied
    Pumpkins,deer would raid the neighborhood's Jack O'lanterns at Halloween when I lived in Washington.

Leave a comment:

• jordjohn44
    replied
    I would use corn. They like that a lot more up here and can also be spread out a lot better.

Leave a comment:

• thuroy
    replied
    Corn! as long as it is natural to the area.

Leave a comment:

• jestr1
    replied
    Have to check if baiting is legal where you are. They started allowing use of minerals here lately. I would use deer cain or c'mere deer. If you goona use bait use corn, its easy to cary a good ammount to spread out in a few spots. Pumpkins might work great but I can see hikin into my stand carryin a huge pumpkin and a big 10pt jumps out to say hello! Just a thought!

Leave a comment:

• cody r
    replied
    corn with hog wild on top

Leave a comment:

• Jere Smith
    replied
    Cotn acorns salt licks with mollasses,apples,pears you name it hey will likely eat it.

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    No I don't think so. I would only use baiting if the deer are spread out all over the place. I would use corn. But if they are walking right by yo htere is no need to bait them.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Corn. Pumpkins don't come out of my feeder very well.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I use apples a local orchard gives me all the apples on the ground free. When they run out I go to corn. Tried pumpkins and so far they are untouched. BTW I use the bait station for meat deer. Mature bucks only visit at night anyway.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I say go for pumpkins, they love it!!!

Leave a comment:

• rjbedrock
    replied
    Nothing!!!
    Legal or not, baiting is NOT hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IanS
    replied
    I've never baited but have seen many deer beside grain piles so my vote goes to corn. I would be curious to hear how the pumpkins work though

Leave a comment:

• matouse3
    replied
    They like the pumpkins late when other sources aren't available. For ease of hauling and being able to spread it around and make them work for it, I've found that corn is the way to go. Make sure its shelled- the squirrels will run away with all your ears.

Leave a comment:

• bobcat.trapper.95
    replied
    corn

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Liz Cheney loses big!
    by labrador12
    Before Hunter's laptop from hell was exposed the media and you got away with that crap. After the laptop, with the pictures, and the emails it doesn't...
    Today, 03:27 PM
  • Liz Cheney loses big!
    by labrador12
    Weird! Wyoming Republicans didn't vote for a pretend Republican that hangs out with the anti-American, anti-oil and gas, anti-cow, anti-farm and ranch...
    08-16-2022, 11:20 PM
  • Reply to Posting to blogs
    by Ontario Honker Hunter
    Thanks. That looks impressive! I finally joined a range so I could zero the old Springfield out to 300 meters. Bought new dies and brought the bullets...
    Today, 03:21 PM
  • Posting to blogs
    by Ontario Honker Hunter
    Haven't been around for a while. Is it no longer possible to post comments to editor blogs?
    08-03-2022, 06:24 PM
  • Reply to TGIF; Feelin’ It
    by PigHunter
    "Do You Feel Like I Do" by Peter Frampton

Today, 03:13 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X