Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

two years ago we had over 40 deer on our property, during bow season we had 40 deer on our property out of range, then as soon a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two years ago we had over 40 deer on our property, during bow season we had 40 deer on our property out of range, then as soon a

two years ago we had over 40 deer on our property, during bow season we had 40 deer on our property out of range, then as soon as it was gun season started they were all gone. What happened?

They may have spooked once the guns started going off.

Comment

deer aren't dumb. if they get pressured enough, they learn when to leave your property and when to come back.

Comment

It is more than likely pressure. Pressure can ruin osr at least stall any property. If it is not pressure it could be the lack of a good food source.

Comment

As seasons change so does the favored food. In Kansas Alfalfa, Milo and Soybeans are hot during the Sep-Oct. Next they start hitting corn and after a heavy freeze winter wheat is the only green forage left and deer eat the heck out of it. There's also hunting pressure and the quality of security cover changes as the leaves fall.

Comment

There is a good chunk of private land less than a mile from where i hunt that gets zero hunting pressure. During gun season the deer pile onto that property and stay there during daylight hours until the shooting stops. The place where I hunt goes from deer paradise to a waste land, the deer know where to go to stat safe.

Comment

Did you have anybody on your property? They might've stunck it up for you.

Nate

Comment

This year we had people come through and build a pipeline right through our land. The deer magically dissapeared.

Nate

Comment

It is possible they were (are) still there, just holed up, and became nocturnal. True also as stated above that seasonal food changes are common around that time of year.

Comment

I often worry that someone else is fouling up my hunting spots when in fact i'm usually the guilty party. Overhunting, especially the wrong wind will lead to often disappointing results. Deer pattern me better than i them, it seems.

Comment

I think they have speacial power to sence the open season. We had nice 4 point bucks on our place came hunting season they were all gone.

Comment

A lot of activity will push deer out of the area or make them change thier movement pattern. How do you know you had 40 deer on your land?

Comment

Hunting pressure always has a negative affect on deer activity. It sounds to me like they went nocturnal.

Comment

Agreed with Del in KS answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

$$$

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump
                                by Danbo
                                No that's confirmed!...
                                Today, 05:09 PM
                              • Trump
                                by Danbo
                                https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                                04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by FirstBubba
                                I guess you got that from a unanimous source?

It's no good for (D)'s unless the source is unanimous! 👀...
                                Today, 05:05 PM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by Danbo
                                Breaking news Hillary used FBI , and CIA as her own Gestapo against Trump campaign.
                                Today, 04:18 PM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by Danbo
                                Trump landslide 2020.

Biden asks for 4 10 minute breaks what a bum.

Now Bid en refuses to get drug tested what is he afraid...
                                Today, 04:11 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X