Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teach me how to rattle in bucks please! What are the tips? It seems everytime I try they run out of the county.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teach me how to rattle in bucks please! What are the tips? It seems everytime I try they run out of the county.

Teach me how to rattle in bucks please! What are the tips? It seems everytime I try they run out of the county.

Teach you how to rattle in bucks please, ok.

Look left, look right, look left look right again and keep on doing this.

Once you have mastered this, do it as fast as you can and you’ll have it down pat!!

Comment

Clay have you been in the adult beverages again?

I have had no luck rattlin but have called in 2 10 point bucks with a buck growler call. Whether rattlin or callin set up so you can see downwind. A deer will almost always approach from there. An open field, a river or dome obdtruction downwind is a good idea too. MAD made the call I have and it somes with an instructional DVD. One of the best 15 bucks you will ever spend.

Comment

HAHAHA!! Primos has good dvd's try'em out.

Comment

When rattling them and you catch sight of one coming in, don't over-rattle. Wait till his attention is going to something else again, then rattle to get his attention again.

Comment

Clay have you been smoking them funny cigerittes

Comment

Position yourself where you have a favorable wind. Make sure there are no deer around or close enough to catch your movements. I start with a light grunt call to see if anything is near. Wait 10 mins then lightly tap the tips together. Again wait 10-15 mins. You've now established there is nothing close. I then rap a few solid hits beam to beam to get the deers attention. Follow that with a loud rattle sequence every 20 mins. I again grunt between the sequences in case something sneaks in and I can't see it.

Comment

The best time to rattle is late Oct thru mid Nov, I've found. And mid morning on chilly days. I grunt befor during and after my rattling, also a bleet or two to mimic a fight over a doe. Then, After a 3 or 4 minute sequence sit very still. Deer are able to home in on a spot exactly where the sound was coming from, so they'll be looking for you. If i'm rattling to a deer i can see i do it from behind my tree so my movement is concealed. If nothing happens after 20 -30 mins. i rattle again. Often the second sequence will bringm in.

Comment

Here is the link for Whitetail Rattling Tips from Field & Stream's Scott Bestul http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=0AAgiE_o6ow&feature=related

Comment

You can find a lot of info in the book Jim"rattlemaster"Carpenter and I wrote "Rattling Whitetails" We both love to rattle, and want to help other hunters learn to rattle . You can download a gift copy at : www.bigbuckrattlingantlers.com

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad