Solid Deer season so far!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid Deer season so far!

I was able to take these bucks from the same stand consecutive days!!! My father picked up a 1964 Remington M700 with a Monarch 3, 3-12x44(I think may be 40) and I shot it for him just to see if it was sighted in and with factory 150gn Remington Core-lokts it was 3/4” high at 100 and the trigger had obviously been adjusted or it’s not the stock trigger! It was a great trigger! Shot one at 82yds and the other at 54yds!
    This morning I shot another buck with a 44mag iron sights, from the same stand at 45yds, so needless to say I am More then pleased, and I had never shot a deer with a pistol till this morning. Very blessed. One weighted 223lbs and the other was 235lbs

Sounds like you had a great season so far, that’s a nice rifle setup as well. Congratulations

Comment

Great news. Congrats on your first handgun kill!
      Pictures?

Comment

Some rootin', tootin' good shootin'!

Yes sir! Post some "pitchers"! We wanna see too!

Comment

Congrats on a nice rifle and great success in deer hunting.

Comment

Two 8 point bucks , one with 300WSM and one with .308. One doe with .308

Comment

So far I've just gotten a small pig and an even smaller deer (hey, it looked larger in the scope on 10x).

But our season runs until February 10th so hopefully there will be more opportunities.

Comment

PigHunter that brought a chuckle. Our bucks have to have one or both antlers 3 inches above the hairline to be a legal buck during the buck season. I arrested a guy once that neither antler was even 1 inch. He said in his defense that they looked like they were 3 inches through his 12 power scope. Found out the deer was only 50 yards away when he killed it.

Comment

For some reason my computer and the sire won't let me start a new topic. That being said I received my new Sig Sauer Whiskey 3 scope today. It is a 3x9x50. I mounted it on my new CVA Accura muzzleloader. The deadon scope mount and rings that come on the Accura won't accommodate a 50MM scope. I had to get a mount and high Leupold rings. Next week will be a range day if the weather cooperates.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad