• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama deer CWD

Just stumbled into this.

pighunter, beware!

https://www.al.com/outdoors/2021/01/...h-for-cwd.html

Thanks, haven't seen that article. Mississippi has had confirmed CWD for a couple of years now. So far there's no report of it in Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      Thanks, haven't seen that article. Mississippi has had confirmed CWD for a couple of years now. So far there's no report of it in Alabama.
      Hope it stays clean!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Hope it stays clean!
        Thanks, me too of course.

If I'd been successful in Kentucky, the deer would have needed to be totally de-boned before legally transporting it home. And I would have had to leave the head with a local. The guide knows a taxidermist who would do an European mount for free in exchange for the hide.

Comment

I've always thought an excellent way to do this would be to provide a tag discount, a partial tag refund, or a bonus tag if you provide a CWD sample.

Kodi nox
          Last edited by adomanim1; 02-19-2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad