• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same ammo with a 1/2" longer barrel
    https://youtu.be/dFafJpKGCMs

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
      168 TAP 2445 fps.
      I am good to 425 yards with a 1800 fps impact velocity or 625 yards with a 1600 fps impact velocity.
      I took a look at the JBM Ballistics calculator and it shows that load holding at least 1000 ft/lbs of energy out to 500 yards. That is plenty for deer. When they are that far away, they seem to be quite relaxed and drop like a sack of potatoes at that energy level. I don't doubt that you should be able to take one at 625 if you have the precision needed (and I suspect you do, given your other posts). Have fun!

Comment

Slow movement, don't make sudden jerky moves. If possible try to move when you break line of sight with deer. (It's head is behind a tree, for instance.) Try not to fidget if you are in an area with shorter sight lines, it's surprising how close they can get before you see or hear them, so it is not surprising that if you are moving about it will see you Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin first.
        Last edited by adomanim1; 04-04-2021, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad