• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot a pic of this years deer, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2162.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	387.6 KB
ID:	762448 They stopped in for taco soup last night Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2159.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	762449

Comment

Showing off ain't nice, dewman! LOL!
      Looks dee-lish!
      If it tastes half as good as it looks...!
      Big ol' slab of cornbread, dripping butter!

Comment

Qdma and any yahoo with a camera getting a hunting show on the big three outdoors channels. That’s why I lost my spot there was supposedly a 150 class buck running around out there. I guess I’m blessed to feel blessed for the two nice deer I’ve taken in my life. I used to never understand why guys quit hunting. Now I get it.

Comment

I’ve taken several trophy animals over the years. The nicest Whitetail I’ve ever killed was a 154 inch buck. It was spot and stalk, in the semi-wide open terrain, and there were no feeders, and no high fences. I am the crawling about 300 yards with 6 inches of snow on the ground. Shot him with one of my specialty pistols, chambered in 284 Winchester with 150 grain NBT’s.
          I am happy when people shoot big animals, whether they’re in a high fence, or whether they’re on public land or low fence private land. I enjoy what I enjoy, and I hunt what I wanna hunt. I shoot does every year, am am proud of it.
          being envious of other peoples property, or money, has never benefited me.
          Take pleasure in what you enjoy, and don’t worry about the other guy. Life will be much simpler and enjoyable that way.
          Last edited by Ernie; 12-06-2020, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Condolences dewman, and prayers for his wife.

Taco soup is one of the clans staples on camping trips, done in a Dutch oven with tortilla chips instead of crackers. Good stuff.
            Last edited by fitch270; 12-06-2020, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Do any of you like "REAL" tacos?

Had an Irishman* teach me how to make tacos! REAL tacos!
              I haven't bought taco seasoning since! LOL!

2 lbs ground meat
              chopped onion to taste
              chopped jalapeno*
              salt & pepper to taste
              cumin seed to taste
              1 can diced tomatoes

brown meat in skillet (cast iron is best) with onion until browned.
              Add 1 Tbs cumin and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. (adjust cumin to taste)
              Serve topped with grated cheese and dip with tortilla chips.
              The taco shells with lettuce and all that can be used, but we chose the quick, easy way! 😉!

We would occasionally refry left over beans and add them. The kids rodeo team members would clean out a crock pot full plus a bag or two of Doritos.

* - his name was Salazar! LOL!
              ** - if you aren't into hot peppers they can be omitted.
              If you like pepper, but not the heat, use a bell pepper.
              -OR -
              Just dice up the peppers and serve on the side.

Comment

When residing in south Texas, it's not out of the ordinary to see deer this size while driving through high fenced areas of the King Ranch. Nox Vidmate VLC
                Last edited by EVAKATY75; 01-06-2021, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EVAKATY75 View Post
                  When residing in south Texas, it's not out of the ordinary to see deer this size while driving through high fenced areas of the King Ranch.
                  A straight out remark from a post by Bubba a few weeks ago.......!?!?

Comment

Yes sir. I've seen three whoppers this year, they were just on the other side of the fence! LOL!
                    Doesn't make them any less amazing or astonishing! 😀!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

A straight out remark from a post by Bubba a few weeks ago.......!?!?
                      That buttwipe had been domant for a long time, now is acting up again since the last purge. Always repeats somebody else. Using a couple different names.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post

That buttwipe had been domant for a long time, now is acting up again since the last purge. Always repeats somebody else. Using a couple different names.
                        Blew right past me guys!
                        Now I understand!

Comment

I think it's a Bot that flys under the radar. Sometimes the cut and paste post gets edited later and a link gets added in. No idea what the point is to it but I'm certainly not going to try and find out.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                            I think it's a Bot that flys under the radar. Sometimes the cut and paste post gets edited later and a link gets added in. No idea what the point is to it but I'm certainly not going to try and find out.
                            Maybe that's the "phishing" setup.
                            "If I can get someone to QUOTE me, I'm in!"
                            Then they turn the "bot" loose.

Comment

Putting that on my blocked list, right now! The posts never made any kind of sense, I never had reason to do anything but glance at them. Thanks, BH75R and fitch270!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	78DAF263-4F61-47F4-A921-873982876821.png Views:	0 Size:	421.9 KB ID:	765453

This is what I’m talking about, post gets created then later the link shows up with the edit. I think it happens to almost every post eventually.

Ain’t clicking it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad