Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only deer call that has worked for me is a buck "Growler". IYO what is the best way to call a buck in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only deer call that has worked for me is a buck "Growler". IYO what is the best way to call a buck in.

The only deer call that has worked for me is a buck "Growler". IYO what is the best way to call a buck in.

Hey Del, I don't know if I'm just plumb lucky or what, but the bucks come to my rattlin' antlers like magic. I've heard a lot about buck-doe ratio and things like that, and I am in the South Texas brush country, but man those horns, with a grunt, can't be beat. My cousin Steve has hunted North Carolina and he said if you just grunt a bunch that brings 'em in, also. But I'll get a Growler to go with my horns, because grunting and rattling go together like milk and cereal.

Comment

I have heard that rattlin' works real well, I have actually had the best success with doe in estrus scents, I have literally had buck come running towards my locations after putting it out the night before.

Comment

Rattlin' works well.

Comment

rattlin works good try it

Comment

I have bought Rattlin bags, artificial antlers, and sacrificed a nice ten point rack I shot a few years ago to rattle. Where I hunt in KS we have a high Buck ratio but nothing has ever come in to rattling for me. I have shot 2 10 pts in the last 2 years with my bow that came in to the buck Growler or Roar call. That thing really works. Use it on a buck after you see him in the distance. Just blowin randomely will educate the deer I'm told.

Comment

I use a 4 in 1 buck n doe from Woodwise. I sat on a ridge and called 4 bucks into me from each direction. All of them staring straight at me. What was cool was that I heard a doe estrus bleat across the ridge. Later I took an eight point while he was staring me down. Fantastic! I am sold on woodwise products.

Comment

I love to grunt, rattle and snort-wheeze, but have probably had the most success with the doe bleet.

Comment

Rattlin Definitely works well with me!!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rip -rbg
                        by 99explorer
                        I just learned of a CIA report that Vladimir Putin himself is directing the Russian interference in our 2020 Presidential election, which was crowded...
                        Today, 09:09 PM
                      • Rip -rbg
                        by fitch270
                        2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
                        09-18-2020, 09:26 PM
                      • Reply to Bows
                        by PigHunter
                        I hear ya! I finally got around to adjusting the new sight on my 90's vintage PSE. It's been restrung too. I've used a crossbow for the last 7 seasons...
                        Today, 08:45 PM
                      • Bows
                        by Danbo
                        Started practicing with my bow.
                        The deer don't stand a chance 😎
                        Today, 08:23 PM
                      • Reply to Rip -rbg
                        by Pmacc60
                        The public can focus on two different things at once ! Again liberal nonsense , put it out there and we can see what the president is planning for the...
                        Today, 08:43 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X