Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have mountain lions in their area? I live in NW missouri and have heard them many times, and my dad has seen them numerou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have mountain lions in their area? I live in NW missouri and have heard them many times, and my dad has seen them numerou

Anyone have mountain lions in their area? I live in NW missouri and have heard them many times, and my dad has seen them numerous times. Any info?

There are tons here in Central California. We can't shoot them though, they're protected. saw a pretty big one about a week ago.

Comment

I read an article on google about a man going down south and taking pictures and videos of a mountain lion or cougar, he brought the pics up north and turned them in to the game commission and they dismissed them as a house cat

Comment

Go back a couple of weeks and look at the question BioGuy posed.....There is a LOT there.

Comment

I've seem what looked like a mtn lion crossing the highway ner my home in arkansas, long and fast. I've seen one game photo of mtn lion near Lake Sylvia close to Little Rock Ar. None of my cameras or friends cameras have had mtn lions yt. The Ar game and Fish say mtn lions of Ar are most likely released pets.

Comment

I have seen one, and a lot of tracks in NE KS.

Comment

Lol...yeah...there were 57 posts :-)...here's the link to those posts:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/answers/other/how-many-people-out-there-think-or-know-there-are-mountain-lions-your-state-please-rem

It turned into a really good discussion!

Comment

yes there are cougers in MO. the missouri department of consrervation set up a couger response team and have had at least 7 confirmations since 1994. it is a very small population and there is no evidence that they are breeding. there was even a road kill couger in kansas city in 2002.

Comment

I hear them sometimes and have seen a mother with cubs once on my familt's property in texas. I've never heard of a dangerouse encounter with one in my area, but makes my hair stand up when i hear one scream anyways.

Comment

WV DNR says they are not present in our state, but I beg to differ, having seen two in my lifetime. I also wonder, if they aren't here, why are they listed as "fully protected" in the game regs? Bear hunter friend of mine found a 6 pt. buck 20 feet up in a white oak some years back, doubtful that he climbed up there and died. There are those that say they aren't here because "we never see one". I wonder how many times we've all walked under a big hemlock or past a rock face and something has laid up there and watched us pass, that we never saw? Think about that.

Comment

finally the DNR in Wisconsin will realize that there are cougars in wisconsin after some bobcat hunters treed one in spooner.

Comment

I hunt in NE (lower pennisula) Michigan and me and my 2 hunting buddies have see one when we were bow hunting. we all thought is was a black bear until we saw the long tail, then it stopped and we got a better look at it. So it was a black cougar or panther. come to find out a guy down the road ended up treein' it and got a picture of it. We also have been seeing its tracks and droppings. there is no way it is a black bear track or a bobcat.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hhs
                          by MattM37
                          Not yet. It was decided to place it on the 2024 ballot, so it might or might not become law.

If it does, it'll be for homeless people...
                          Today, 02:12 PM
                        • Hhs
                          by jhjimbo
                          Hotels in CA have to give a list of empty rooms every day by 3PM so they can be given to a homeless person.
                          08-13-2022, 04:13 PM
                        • Reply to Rainwater warning.
                          by MattM37
                          Well, I don't use the gutter spout as a drinking fountain anyway -- except when I'm really, really thirsty.

No mention in the article...
                          Today, 01:45 PM
                        • Rainwater warning.
                          by 99explorer
                          Rainwater is no longer safe to drink anywhere on Earth, due to 'forever chemicals' linked to cancer.

https://news.yahoo.com/rainwater-no...
                          Yesterday, 07:08 PM
                        • Reply to TGIF; Any Questions?
                          by MattM37
                          We moved to town and first got cable TV when I was 12 going on 13. Prior to that, we got two channels out in the boonies, the local CBS and NBC stations...
                          Today, 01:33 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X