Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I spot lighted a huge buck in my bottom hay field Friday night. My daughter had just arrived and said there were a bunch of deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spot lighted a huge buck in my bottom hay field Friday night. My daughter had just arrived and said there were a bunch of deer

I spot lighted a huge buck in my bottom hay field Friday night. My daughter had just arrived and said there were a bunch of deer in my garden so I pulled out the spot light and found no deer feeding in my garden. Looking into the pastures we saw Mr Big working a rub line at the end of the hay field. Installed a game camera to capture pic to publish (if my outlaw no good neighbor has'nt used his form of Arkansas spotlighting.

do u have pics of it

Comment

What is Arkansas spotlighting? It sounds like some sort of poaching

Comment

It is illegal to spotlight in arkansas except on your land and to check livestock. If you are caught spotlighting/poaching in arkansas (gun or not) you can and probably will get a nice fine. I can check my livestock or my fields from my front or back porch without taking off my house shoes. My neigbors on the other hand shoot year round, at night and have no ethics when it comes to wildlife. I'd like to get a buck every day and could shoot off my back porch, but have never harvested a deer off my 50 acre property. I prefer to scout travel lanes and funnels in the National Forest where I hang my stands to hunt.I have no pics of this buck (yet, as I've just put the camera out sat)I may hang a bow stand off my creek bottom( where I think the buck may be bedding) if the buck makes this weeks blackpowder season.

Comment

Hope that Big Boy made it through Blackpowder season!

Sure would like to see the pictures.

Comment

Cgull- You left out it's a 30pt. violation. 5 year loss of lic. priv. and they take your stuff !(gun/truck/etc.)

Comment

Thanks for clearying that up. In PA it is legal to spotlight as long as you dont shine it on someones house.

Comment

hope you get em this year! good luck man!

Comment

I posted photo of the buck in my photos. I have more to download later but this by far was the best. He looks to be about 2.5-3 inches outside the ears and has the largest neck on a whitetail I've ever seen.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                    by 99explorer
                    Trump is saying that he has no objection to releasing the warrant in its entirety, perhaps knowing that his lawyers will object on his behalf.
                    Today, 10:40 AM
                  • FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                    by rock rat
                    Former US President Donald Trump has said his Florida home is being raided by the FBI.

Mr Trump said in a statement Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach...
                    08-08-2022, 07:39 PM
                  • Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                    by rock rat
                    Of course Trump is free to release the warrant in it's entirety, and why not? Maybe because it says what he is accused of....
                    Today, 09:29 AM
                  • Reply to Nuclear Documents
                    by 99explorer
                    When I was in the service, there were two security clearances above "Top Secret."
                    They were "Atomic M" and Atomic Q."
                    Today, 09:29 AM
                  • Nuclear Documents
                    by jhjimbo
                    IF there were nuclear documents, who on the FBI has the clearance to handle them? The clearance necessary is above Top Secret - very people have it....
                    Today, 07:01 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X