First deer with 25-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First deer with 25-06

Got one Saturday morning with my 25-06. Finally have a little time to hunt this year. It worked like Thor’s hammer.

Nice! Which rifle again?

Great to hear from you ‘dawg.

Comment

Hey 'dawg! Good to see you again!
      Congrats on some fine grub!
      Come around more often, you're missed!

P.S. got them grandkids a deer yet?

Comment

Congrats! Good to hear from you.

What are the details? Rifle, load, distance, point of impact, yards traveled?

Comment

Nice deer.

Comment

Good to see your new rifle /caliber is working out for you! Glad to here you got some time in the woods this year.

Comment

My buddy here in Montana shoots a 25-06 and it does very well for him.

Nice deer. Let us know how much damage the bullet did. This fella here had to work some to get that under control.

Comment

Looks like a perfect shot. Well done!

Comment

My weatherby vanguard 25-06. The one my wife bought me. Barnes vortx 100 grain ttx. Shot high hit the spin. The shot you see in the picture was the finishing shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                    My weatherby vanguard 25-06. The one my wife bought me. Barnes vortx 100 grain ttx. Shot high hit the spin. The shot you see in the picture was the finishing shot.
                    Thanks for the details. So what are your thoughts about the Barnes VOR-TX? Looking at their web site, I see the .25-06 and 6.5 CM loads have similar energy downrange but the .25-06 has less drop

https://www.barnesbullets.com/ammunition/vor-tx-rifle/

Click image for larger version  Name:	25-06 100gr.JPG Views:	0 Size:	23.3 KB ID:	718098Click image for larger version  Name:	6.5 CM 120gr.JPG Views:	0 Size:	23.6 KB ID:	718099

I'm using the 143gr Hornady load in my 6.5 CM
                    https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/r...sion-hunter#!/

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.5 CM 143gr.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	718101
                    Last edited by PigHunter; 11-16-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

The 25-06 100 grain Barnes ttx is a hammer. And it’s accurate. I can routinely shoot sub MoA with it. And as far as I’m concerned the 25-06 outperforms the the 6.5 under 400 yards. And let’s be serious who among is practiced enough to shoot past 400. I can do it is it ethical for me to do no it is not. I practice at 200 and under because that’s what I shoot. If you can find one get one. You won’t regret it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to High rise mounts on 30/30 Marlin
                        by CD2
                        Honestly, I would not feel handicapped running a smooth bore shotgun for deer out to 125 yards or so. If I had to, it'd be the green/black camo old M500...
                        Today, 12:35 PM
                      • High rise mounts on 30/30 Marlin
                        by Freewolf1
                        I've seen other threads and comments about putting see through or high rise mounts on a marlin 336 30/30. I understand that these mounts make for a change...
                        11-27-2019, 07:18 PM
                      • Reply to High rise mounts on 30/30 Marlin
                        by CD2
                        I had an 835. Older one. It worked fine.
                        But it was a Mossberg.
                        I hate a thick wrist on a shotgun.
                        Read that the new bismuth #2 in...
                        Today, 12:31 PM
                      • Reply to Outdoor Life !, bu
                        by PigHunter
                        Thanks for the heads up about RFC. I just require minute-of-squirrel accuracy and probably wouldn't fit in on that forum.
                        Today, 12:01 PM
                      • Outdoor Life !, bu
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        It has been over a month since anything new has been posted on OL ! Is that site dead in the water, or is there a reason to keep it alive ? Is there...
                        Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X