HECS Camo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HECS Camo?

Has anyone caved and purchased any HECS Camo? They claim that deer can sense the electromagnetic field (what people call the sixth sense) that is naturally created by the human body and their clothing acts as a barrier for this emission.

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-EN3Yn3PTU

Originally posted by Mattman View Post
    Has anyone caved and purchased any HECS Camo? They claim that deer can sense the electromagnetic field (what people call the sixth sense) that is naturally created by the human body and their clothing acts as a barrier for this emission.

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-EN3Yn3PTU
    Yeah, buddy of mine bought himself and his three grandsons each a suit of the stuff at $100/pop!
    I don't believe it ... and I don't buy "scent blocker" clothing and all that scent eliminating sprays and soaps!
    Bah!
    Humbug!

Comment

Nope, and probably won't. I'd be more concerned about the frequencies generated by the cell phone, GPS, and any other electronics I may be carrying.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        Nope, and probably won't. I'd be more concerned about the frequencies generated by the cell phone, GPS, and any other electronics I may be carrying.
        Sitting in my blind one morning, the wife called and we were talking about what to fix for supper.
        About that time, a little gnarly horned buck stepped out.
        "Let me call you right back. A deer just showed up." I whispered.
        "Shoot him and we'll have backstrap for supper!", she replied.
        I hung up, shot the deer and called her right back, "Okay! Venison for supper!"

Sometimes, weird stuff just happens.
        I worked in a SCADA control center in a large park in a large metro area.
        We always threw lunch scraps out the back door. Stray cats and raccoons would clean them up pretty quickly.
        Stepped out the back about midnight and tossed my scraps.
        A cold chill like a thousand fuzzy worms ran up my spine and I studied the ground under the dim porch light. I suddenly realized that small pile of leaves was actually a fox!
        Very eerie feeling!

Comment

I hereby certify I have for sale, some 100% year round swamp land in Florida. Call 1-800-sucker

Comment

Buddy bought it. Says it works. Ground hunter w trad bow. Also electrical engineer.

Scent control stuff can help. HECS can proly help.

Nothing is gonna to turn a lazy hunter into invisible.

Sometimes you can do everything right and not see a deer. Sometimes you can do everything wrong and kill a monster.

But to routinely see and take mature bucks.....,those that do...

They dont half ass it.

Pretty good youtube vid about a guy w many record bucks shot in high pressure areas . Religious scent control.
            ​​​​​​
            Last edited by CD2; 09-10-2019, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Im kind of an arse about scent control. Maybe worth it, maybe not. See and kill more bucks than my buds. Think my detailed and concerned approach part of the reason.

Comment

Even if it works, I don't want it. Some of these techno advantages are getting to be about as sporting as fishing with a stick of dynamite.

Comment

Thats my view as well

Comment

For archery hunting, I use good scent control. I keep my camos and outerwear in a garbage bag with pine branches and store it outside the house. I shower with scent blocking soap and shampoo and don the outerwear only once I arrive at the hunting location. I think it helps.

That being said, I have had numberous deer get within 5 feet of me when I was on the gound and no scent control at all. My brother, got out of his tree stand and took a nap under his tree. He was awakened by three does poking his chest with their noses.

My experience is that deer spook with movement 100% of the time from as far away as 200 yards. I have only had one experience of a downwind deer spooking at 60 yards because of my scent in a tree stand.

I do what I can but am not likely to buy this... I do however tie scent cover rags to my boots to walk to my stand. I have had numerous bucks bolt as they crossed my tracks without it. I have had one nice buck try to climb my tree following a doe in heat scent on my boots.I climbed the ladder before removing the rags and he was after it.

Comment

I wear gloves and try to not let any branches or other touch my skin going to and from my stand.

Also try to not disturb the ground too much.

They might not smell me but smell where something has been. I think that why dogs found people w scent control in tests.....they may have keyed in on fresh track/ disturbance and not the smell of the person

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                        Even if it works, I don't want it. Some of these techno advantages are getting to be about as sporting as fishing with a stick of dynamite.
                        Have bad mouthed technology on this site until users have told me to shut up about, it being a way of the future and not to be a old duffer ! Hunting should have some resemblance of difficulty about it, if just to make it worth while and to make one feel as though he has done ‘something’ !! But then, I am just a complainer anyway !

Comment

The politically correct hunter of the future might be so inept that he/she/it may need all the technological advancements they can get.

Comment

BTW, back in 98 or 99 I bought some Scentlok on sale.
                            Dunno if it worked or not. I killed some deer with it.
                            However............that stuff held up great. The fabric/camo........stuff wore like iron.
                            Was comfy too.
                            So even if the scent reducing aspect diminished over time, it was still a bargain.
                            Just for being good camo clothing.

Comment

I bought a wool coat for gun season (since maybe running a 760 in .35 rem again this yr).
                              Might hunt the opener w recurve though. If so, camo w a blaze hat (to be legal).
                              Dunno. Body falling apart.
                              Need to work OT............but want a P&Y.
                              But might just shoot the first 8 that comes by.
                              Got all the tech I need, cept video gear.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Virginia Gun Confiscation !
                                by Sarge01
                                If Virginia had followed through with their anti gun legislation you would have seen the start of the 2nd civil war in the US.
                                Today, 10:26 PM
                              • Virginia Gun Confiscation !
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                Virginia legislature has dropped it’s AR-15 confiscation ruling. They have now stated those who presently own these weapons can continue to do so,...
                                Today, 05:33 PM
                              • Reply to Pet Peeves
                                by fitch270
                                My boy does the "I mean" thing quite often, usually when he's trying to think of how to explain something. I have no idea where he got it from,...
                                Today, 10:21 PM
                              • Pet Peeves
                                by jhjimbo
                                O.K., here is your chance to get it off your chest. List your pet peeves, about anything. Big or small.

I hate it when cameras jump arountd...
                                Yesterday, 08:09 AM
                              • Reply to Outdoor Life !, bu
                                by fitch270
                                I don't think it would be worth the effort to mess with the parallax, but if the scope got messed up it wouldn't be much of a loss. I gave the rifle/scope...
                                Today, 10:15 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X