?&#@%!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?&#@%!!!!!!!!

You may have to zoom in a little, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Most not suitable on a family forum.

When I blew up the pic it looks really full or really fat. A target of opportunity. Try to remember you can't get them all. Even if you killed them all on your place Mother Nature will fill the vacuum and others will move in to take its place.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
      When I blew up the pic it looks really full or really fat. A target of opportunity. Try to remember you can't get them all. Even if you killed them all on your place Mother Nature will fill the vacuum and others will move in to take its place.
      Some picture quality was lost in the down load, but the coyote has an entire front leg in his mouth. He's got it around the knee area with the shoulder on the left side of the pic and the hoof dangling down on the right. I don't mind having a few of them around, just wish they'd stick to eating mice.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Some picture quality was lost in the down load, but the coyote has an entire front leg in his mouth. He's got it around the knee area with the shoulder on the left side of the pic and the hoof dangling down on the right. I don't mind having a few of them around, just wish they'd stick to eating mice.
        Ok I see it now. Yep, that would set me off and I'd be driving around well armed myself.

Comment

I imagine trying to raise a family on mice is tough. I would think it would be tough for a lone coyote to bring down a deer unless it catches one in deep snow. Maybe he scrounged a road kill. You never know. One place I hunted in Montana had quite a few coyotes this year but still tons of deer running around. Hardly any pheasants though. But then again there were hardly any pheasants anywhere, especially up in the hills like that place where the unusually heavy snow accumulation was deeper the previous winter.

Comment

All they gotta do is nip the hamstring.
            They usually run as a group and get a deer tired.
            Had a doe slip into deadfall to evade stray dogs.
            It worked, they lost her.
            Popped out not long after they left.
            Had one stayed, coulda got the drop on her.

Have heard them take down a deer, right at dawn. Awful racket. Dunno if deer was healthy or injured (highway crossing nearby).

With that highway crossing........lots of em dead on field edges.
            Easy meal for the yotes. They didn't last long either.

Is cool watching them hunt mice though.
            Used to hit the pasture pretty regularly.
            Of course then they'd see my goose dekes and come for a bigger meal, and end up dead.

Dunno how much stray dog blood the yotes have around here. But a 40# is not uncommon. Some quite a bit bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

I imagine trying to raise a family on mice is tough. I would think it would be tough for a lone coyote to bring down a deer unless it catches one in deep snow. Maybe he scrounged a road kill. You never know. One place I hunted in Montana had quite a few coyotes this year but still tons of deer running around. Hardly any pheasants though. But then again there were hardly any pheasants anywhere, especially up in the hills like that place where the unusually heavy snow accumulation was deeper the previous winter.
              LOL, A steady diet of mice for pups might be like feeding my kids hotdogs and ramen noodles every day.

Road kill is possible but based on the proportions of the dog and the leg I'm thinking it's one of this years fawns. Here's a pic to give you an idea of their size right now. Doubt one would be very hard for a 'yote to take out

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post

Is cool watching them hunt mice though.
                Used to hit the pasture pretty regularly.

Dunno how much stray dog blood the yotes have around here. But a 40# is not uncommon. Some quite a bit bigger.
                Agreed

Same size here. Occasionally pushing 60#.

Comment

A new born fawn is a piece of cake for an adult 'yote.
                  It isn't inconceivable that a late bred doe can deliver in late May to early July.
                  Between the 'yotes and feral hogs around here, I don't know how we have ANY game to hunt!
                  Rats, mice and cotton tails are pretty thick right now.
                  I'm looking for the predator population to start expanding.

Can't save them all.
                  A big 'yote around here would probably go 30 to 40 pounds. As many drug addled pit bull breeders as there are in this area, I'm surprised we don't gave a whole new species of "coydog".

P.S. - just completed an Anderson AR15 w/ a Bear Creek Arsenal heavy barrel in .223 Wylde.
                  'Yotes is it's specific purpose!
                  Last edited by FirstBubba; 07-29-2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Here's a better picture of a fawn with it's mother. Earlier the same day, same camera that caught the 'yote.

Comment

I feel your pain. This was last fall. I also attached some pics from when he was in velvet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	buck.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	711385Click image for larger version

Name:	buck1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	711386Click image for larger version

Name:	buck3.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	711387Click image for larger version

Name:	buck4.jpg
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	711388Click image for larger version

Name:	buck5.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	711389Click image for larger version

Name:	buck6.jpg
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	711390Click image for larger version

Name:	buck8.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	711391Click image for larger version

Name:	buck 7.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	711392

Comment

Originally posted by neuman23 View Post
                        I feel your pain. This was last fall. I also attached some pics from when he was in velvet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	buck.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	711385Click image for larger version

Name:	buck1.jpg
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	711386Click image for larger version

Name:	buck3.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	711387Click image for larger version

Name:	buck4.jpg
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	711388Click image for larger version

Name:	buck5.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	711389Click image for larger version

Name:	buck6.jpg
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	711390Click image for larger version

Name:	buck8.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	711391Click image for larger version

Name:	buck 7.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	711392
                        Yikes!

Similar from the year before last. Deer was bedded most of the night, got up during the daylight. You may be able to make out the blood on the ham. we found the deer about 50 yards away and the one antler halfway between. Would have been a decent buck for our area. This one had been hit poorly in the shoulder with what appeared to be an arrow wound, but it was late muzzleloader at the time and archery season had been over for a few weeks. The buck may have not made it anyway but still.....

Comment

Wasn't exactly thrilled with this pic

Comment

Some picture quality was lost in filezilla uc browser rufus the down load, but the coyote has an entire front leg in his mouth. He's got it around the knee area with the shoulder on the left side of the pic and the hoof dangling down on the right. I don't mind having a few of them around, just wish they'd stick to eating mice.
                            target of opportunity. Try to remember you can't get them all. Even if you killed them all on your place Mother Nature will fill the vacuum and others will move in to take its place.
                            Last edited by DENIMKATY; 08-24-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

A pack of Greyhounds can take down Coyotes, no problem.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                My eldest started life as a jailer.
                                Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
                                "I'm tired of getting beat...
                                Today, 06:00 PM
                              • Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
                                Today, 04:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
                                Today, 05:57 PM
                              • Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
                                09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
                                Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X